Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 12 August 2011

Second batch of 43 lakh records received from Ajay


Shuklendu / Nitin



This has ref to our telecom yesterday

I am looking forward to receive early next week, a time-frame for various activities to be undertaken in respect of making our site

Ø human-user friendly ( especially the speed with which pages get downloaded )

Ø spider friendly ( especially crawling / indexing, all job advts at “ Job search by job title “ / Jobsearch – conventional / Jobsearch – magic cube / Job archive  “  AND all 47 lakh candidate records at “ Is this your resume “ page )

During our discussion you suggested that the very first item that you would like to take up would be redesigning the database in such a way that we could upload all the 25 fields instead of just 6/7 fields.

Such a re-design would enable us to upload ( all 25 fields of ) recently received database.

I suppose, such a re-design would mean that we would need to up-load all over once again, those 47 lakh records which we up-loaded during the last one month !

But if it has got to be done, then we got to do it !

You suggested that in the first instance, we should upload the second batch of 43 lakhs.

This is ok with me. However, before we start uploading, I would like to see the “ Template / Prototype “ of the revised “ See Resume “ page, which incorporates all 25 fields.

Obviously, these 25 fields should be logically sub-grouped in 4 or 5 blocks ( as against 2 blocks at present )

Tushar has already extracted from the second batch, and grouped together, some 30 folders containing these 4345620 records- after spending many hours.

By a copy of this mail, I am asking Kailas to copy these onto ONE CD / DVD and send to you. This will facilitate Hardik’s work.  



hemen parekh



Jobs  for  All  =  Peace  on  Earth



No comments:

Post a Comment