Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 25 November 2015

RE: Minutes of the Meeting held on 24th November 2015 at Tejora Technologies Conference


Dear Shenoy :


Simply thrilled to get your mail , although I do not recollect some of the friends ( - we were , always , more than mere colleagues  ! ) listed above

Mr Danait started a similar ( but a smaller group of about 15 ex-L&T friends ) , some 4 years back - of which , I am a member

We meet every alternate month for Sunday lunch (  but no minutes  .  We are lazy  )

Many of you might know that , after retiring from L&T , I started 3pConsultants

For the past 10 + years , my son Nirmit manages 3P

I am keeping myself busy with :

>   Promoting my latest web site..........www.B2BmessageBlaster.com (  Do read page " Influence  Policy  Makers  " )

>   Posting my blogs  on www.hemenparekh.in ( then sending to Ministers / Secretaries / MPs / MLAs etc )

>   Once in a while attending to    www.CustomizeResume.com

>   Trying to motivate , old friend , Ganesh Apte ( and his USA based son , Ravi -  www.leftrightmind.com ) , to revive my following de-hosted - sites :






I spent some time visiting  www.tejora.com

Congrats to Nitin / Surabhi for this great achievement .  Someday , I would  like to visit them and exchange thoughts

You may ask Nitin to download  RESUME   RATER  - a tool that we developed . By now 15,000 + copies have been downloaded by Recruiters from around the World

Feel free to phone me any time on 98,67,55,08,08

regards,

hcp

PS :

Incidentally , you may like to go through section " Letters to L&T Employees " at,





From: K. R. Iyer [mailto:kriyer1949@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 10:23 AM
To: Venkataraman TR
Cc: Haridas Shenoy; Hemen Parekh; A R Rajurkar; AG Kale; AG Patkar; AK Ganguly; Amita Dixit; Anand Pasarkar; Aravind V; Arun Khandekar; Arun Kumta; Arvind Rao; Asgar Saikh; Ashok Sanil; Atul Shah; AV Shenoy; AY Divekar; B Ramachandran; BB Singh; Bipin Shah; BJ Desai; BVRM Murty; CG Karamchandani; CR Mistry; Dinesh Shah; GR; Guha Thakurta; Gurudaat Kundapurkar; Hariharan S; HK Varma; HR Khona; HS Naik; HT Mehta; Jairam Menon; John Monteiro; K M Raja Sundaram; K Narsaiah; KA Shaikh; KP Kotwal; KR Patel; KS Ranganathan; Luis Vas; Madan Mandlekar; Mani Subramaniam; MB Meher; MD Palekar; MD Phatak; MJ Paleja; MR Madnani; MVL Narasimhan; N Ramachandran; Natarajan Krishnan; NM Kudalkar; NV Srinivasan; PCS Ratnam; PD Joshi; PG Pande; PG Utagikar; PJ Pathak; PL Negandhi; Prakash Shrungarkar; PS Moharir; R Shivaji; R Sivaraman; RA Panchal; Rajat Desai; Ramesh Aggarwal; RD Kulkarni; RI Mehta; Rishikesh Joshi; Rita Rahimtoola; RM Yajurvedi; S Ravikumar; SA Bhoir; Sambhaji Shendkar; Sanjay Galwankar; Sanjeev Gholap; SD Mande; Simple Agarwal; SK Shukla; SK Todkar; SM Warde; SS Ahluwalia; SS Manjeshwar; SW Patwardhan; Swapna Chaudary; V B Ulman; Vasudev S; Venu Account; Venugopal Menon; VH Iyer; Vijay Lal; Vivek Shiroor; VM Patel; VR Swamy; VS Iyer
Subject: Re: Minutes of the Meeting held on 24th November 2015 at Tejora Technologies Conference Room

Dear Shenoy,

The hare in me could not catch up with the tortoise in you.  I wanted to write in this column about the get together before any one else.  But where could I beat you?

The programme was neatly arranged - no excesses, no shortcoming.  It was nice to listen to the bunch of L&T-ites speaking so dearly about their organisation with nostalgia and commitment.  It was also nice to know that many of the retirees are only namesake retirees for; they are busier after bidding adieu to L&T.  At the end I felt that the time spent was so sweet that made it feel too short.

The event manager in you was very par excellence.  You have provided for all requirements with out exhibiting any tension or thrill!  Despite paying continuous attention to all minute details, you could always sport your typical smile throughout.  Hats off!

Please convey our sincere gratitude to Surabhi, your DIL and Ms. Ahlam and party of Tejora Technologies for bearing our mischievousness and us for 5-6 hours.  Of course, you may like to add that they should be prepared for a bigger crowd when you reach 80! 

Regards to all,

K. R. Iyer    

Regards


On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 9:13 AM, Venkataraman TR <trvram42@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Shenoy,
It is not "Minutes of Meeting" but "Hours of Meeting "indeed,
Well said and well written.
I wish i had attended ur Birthday Bash, Never mind,Belated happy birth day to you, 
TRV

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 7:28 AM, Haridas Shenoy <hrshenoy1941@gmail.com> wrote:

First of all many thanks for those could make it on 24th to Tejora Technologies Conference Room on 24th.  That it happened to be my birthday was incidental; I was just looking for an excuse to organize a get together which others had failed to do, after AG Kale’s great effort in taking 14 of us in a vehicle to Pune to meet at PDJ’s bungalow some 4 years ago.

Last time I myself organized a get together was over 5 years ago when I had completed 10 years of glorious retired life.  Ten people had attended, though 17 had confirmed that they will attend.

This time the number was double and I am so glad.  Few like Mani and Swamy were repeaters, I am glad.  May be it is a school time habit, like mine.

The purpose of the get together was just that – get together of grey hairs and almost no hairs like me. However, I wanted it to be held in our office because many of you have been a part of my children’s life particularly during their engineering college days in 1990s and tyour support has been immense in making what they are today about two decades later. Tejora is the result of my younger son Nitin’s entrepreneurial drive, ably supported by his wife Surabhi who is more than a DIL to me.  My wife and me have been living with them for the last 11 years at Lokhandwala, Andheri.  People who can find time to visit us are welcome.

I did not realize the enormity of the work involved in organizing this get together when I shot out the invitation some 3 weeks in advance.  There were so many to and fro exchanges, that I almost lost control of the whole proceeding.

After Surabhi told me to have it on a working day, when she saw the long list of invitees she developed cold feet.  “I thought there would be ten of them or so.”  She wanted it to be organised in a banquet hall but I firmly said no.  I reassured her that they are all my friends and they would not mind inadequacy of the AC or any other service.  Added to that, on 24th one of the 3 canteen staff was on leave; so was one of the two Administration staff.  So, all the burden fell on Ahlam, the lady who managed the whole back office show single handedly with one canteen boy.  Lemon juice and banana were my choice; rest all was all hers.  Hats off to her.

All is well that ends well.  In a way it has just begun.  Our get togethers, with more to follow hopefully.

I am touched by the so many memories the participants raked up of their interaction with me during our working life together.  It will be too much to reproduce whatever has been said.  But two points I would love to highlight, even at the cost of doing injustice to others.

I am fond of calling my ex-colleagues by their first name and pet names, irrespective of the position they held in L&T – like Hirubhai, Harshadbhai, Maheshbhai, etc.  That is a sign of camaraderie.

The first point refers to Harshadbhai.  He was one of those who firmly believed that the quality of the computer output depended on the accuracy of the master data and he always interacted with me to achieve that, month after month, year after year, about which I had written earlier.  What made me happy now is that he is helping those organizations who have gone the SAP way to reap the benefit of their investment in time and money into the implementation – a noble cause, if there is one.  Giving birth is one things; nurturing is always a difficult task, needing a lot of commitment.

Second point came from Maheshbhai about a totally forgotten part of my working life.  My only memories of process layouts belonged to AV Vachani writing meticulously these and giving me for typing on tracings.  That later on, I also was the custodian of organizing the tracings, giving out for corrections/changes and for ordering blueprints for attachment to manual job orders had been totally forgotten.  Thank you Maheshbhai for bringing this out.

May be this function was taken over by Work Scheduling Cell headed by SV Dighe – I do not remember.

Those of us who are old timers love to meet each other, I am sure.

This love made me gate crash into a marriage of the daughter of a colleague who had not invited me.  The number of attendees was so large that if my name was missed, it was understandable.  The marriage hall was just two kilometers from my residence and it was a ‘no presents please’ reception with full scale five star dinner, which is an added incentive for ‘untouchable’ Brahmins like me.  

That was the last time I met Gurumoorthy before we lost him for ever a few months thereafter.

I missed him yesterday.

Look forward to meeting you all soon again.


HR Shenoy, 7666128505
Co-Founder, Tejora Technologies Limited, tejora.com



No comments:

Post a Comment