Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 5 November 2015

CYBERNATICS AND SOCIETY


Dear Amitabh ,


American mathematician Norbert Wiener , is considered " Father of Cybernatics "

In 1954 , he wrote a book , " The Human Use of Human Beings / Cybernatics and Society "

I first read it in 1957 , when at University of Kansas

I have just started reading it again , out of curiosity to find , how much of what Wiener wrote then , is still valid today

Following is one such observation on page 126 :


"  A clear understanding of the notion of information as applied to scientific work , will show that , the simple coexistence of two items of information is of relatively small value , unless these two items can be effectively combined in some mind or organ , which is able to fertilize one , by means of the other "


I firmly believe :


>      Information contained in MakeinIndia and B2B web sites are two such items , which , at present , are merely  " coexisting side by side "

>     By hosting hyperlinks to MakeinIndia ( from B2B ) , I have tried to " Combine " these two sets of information

>     Hosting hyperlinks on MakeinIndia ( Find Indian Partners / Who is Investing in India ? ) , will vastly multiply / synergize, the values of both

Awaiting your early response ,


with regards,

hemen  /  0 - 98,67,55,08,08

No comments:

Post a Comment