Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 23 January 2024

RE: Something for old and there on the way

 Dear Nattu,

 

 

Many thanks for the home-remedies suggested

 

Fortunately in my case , although the Herpes sores covered entire inside of my left leg, there was no itching whatsoever and the virus exited within 4 weeks

 

 

What pain remains is due to the post-herpes neuralgic pain which , I am trying to overcome through regular exercise ( - daily home visit of a Physio-therapist )

 

Two days back, my nephew ( a Urologist of 25 years standing ) flew in from Ahmadabad and administered some steroid injection for boosting my energy level

 

I am gradually recovering my appetite ( which I had totally lost ) and trying to walk in my hall , as much as I can

 

 

Thanks again

 

Regards

 

hcp    

From: Nattu [mailto:iamnattu@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 3, 2019 1:39 PM
To: H C Parekh
Subject: Re: Something for old and there on the way

 

Hemenji

 

Try 2 things

 

1) Applying Manuka honey to affected part, that has amazing anti inflammatory, healing & antibiotic properties, if you can get hold of.

 

2) Apple Cider Vinegar.. Here's how to make a natural healing paste at home: Mix a half cup of warm honey with two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Apply it to sores (avoiding any that are open and/or oozing) with a soft cloth and let it sit for just a few minutes. It may sting a little as it disinfects.

 

Regards

Nattu

 

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019, 4:30 PM Hemen Parekh <hcp@recruitguru.com> wrote:

Dear Friends,

 

Every word of this forward, makes me aware that I am , now , passing through winter of my life

 

Like me , perhaps some of you too felt ( at least , when we worked in L&T ), that nothing could stop us from achieving , what we set our minds upon ! Advancing age , was never felt as a constraint !

 

After each step , there always was, yet another higher step to climb – without any doubt in our abilities

 

Even after I retired ( 14 months too early ) in April 1990, I refused to “ give up “ by starting 3p Consultants , in a 6 feet by 8 feet cabin , where , every time I had a visitor, son Nirmit had to vacate the only visitor chair and stand outside the cabin ( in a Business Centre )

 

But colleagues like SRS helped big way through a 2 year “ Advisorship “

 

But why am I writing all of this today ?

 

Past 7 weeks, I have experienced a very painful attack of HERPES ZOSTER virus , which has left me very weak and lying in bed , for 18 out of 24 hours – with no other thought than , “ Will I  get to see tomorrow’s Sun ? “

 

I am repeatedly assured ( by not less than a dozen doctors ), that the worst is over and, if I manage enough food intake and continue with exercises to build my leg muscle, then within 4 weeks, I should almost recover from this nightmare

 

But the best support ( other than from my wife Bharati , my elder son Vishesh / his wife Niyati  / my Psycho-Therapist grand daughter Aneree , my younger son Nirmit and his wife Pooja ), came from some of you

 

And that included SRS who phoned twice and I could return his call , this morning

 

When I informed AMN about my condition, he promised to drop by my home to look me up

 

There is no escape from a life’s winter but it is the warmth of friendship which will make the difference !

 

With regards,

 

hcp

No comments:

Post a Comment