Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 2 January 2024

Light at the Tunnel ?

 Yoshua ,

 

 

 

I just came across following news report :

 

Montreal research hub spearheads global AI ethics debate

 

It reads :

 

 

Bengio – who in 2018 shared with Geoffrey Hinton and Yann LeCun the Turing Award for their work on deep learning – says he is worried about the technology leapfrogging

human intelligence and capabilities in the not-too-distant future.

 

Speaking to AFP at his home in Montreal, the professor warned that AI developments are moving at breakneck speed and risked “creating a new species capable of making

decisions that harm or even endanger humans”.

 

For some time, Bengio has been warning about companies moving too fast without guardrails, “potentially at the public’s expense.”

 

It is essential, he said, to have “rules that’ll be followed by all companies”.

 

At a world-first AI summit in Britain in early November, Bengio was tasked with leading a team producing an inaugural report on AI safety.

 

The renowned AI academic has brought together a “critical mass of AI researchers” (1,000+) through his Mila research institute, located in a former working-class neighbourhood

 

of Montreal.

 

Its 220 researchers advise government policies and raise public awareness of the possible positive effects and negative impacts of this cutting-edge technology.

 

Voice and text answers to queries appear simultaneously.

 

With the touch of a finger, lists of alternative responses considered by the AI with their associated percentage gradient pop up

 

 

 

Yoshua,

 

 

 

( A ) 

 

 

There is no denying that we need “ guardrails “ – which made me propose :

 

Parekh’s Law of Chatbots  …   26 Feb 2023 

 

 

 

 

( B )

 

 

As regards , “  Voice and text answers to queries appear simultaneously.  “ , now it is commonplace , as you may notice my Digital Avatar at :

 

www.hemenparekh.ai  ( I am working on a feature to get my Avatar to “ Converse “  in many languages )

 

 

 

 

( C )

 

 

It is not going to be easy to avoid deep fakes , as you will observer at :

 

A Candid Admission on Deep fake Dilemma

 

Missing : Subli-Melding ? 

 

 

 

 

( D )

 

 

My faith that AGI will be far “ wiser “ than humans :

 

I have a Belief 

 

Sam : Will Super-wise AI triumph over Super-Intelligent AI ?

 

Thank you : Ilya Sutskever / Jan Leike

 

 

 

With regards,

 

Hemen Parekh

 

www.hemenparekh.ai  /  www.hemenparekh.in

No comments:

Post a Comment