Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 16 January 2024

FW: LOST VOTES CHALLENGE

 Dear Pramod,

 

Thoroughly enjoyed listening to you TED talk on ( Youtube ) Aadhar ID ( and not a CARD )

 

I hope , someday soon , Aadhar will enable voting using a mobile app

 

Regards,

 

Hemen Parekh

 

From: Hemen Parekh [mailto:hcp@recruitguru.com]


Sent: Sunday, October 4, 2020 6:12 PM


To: 'support@toilostvoteschallenge.com'


Subject: FW: LOST VOTES CHALLENGE

 

 

====================

 

Dear Organizers,

 

 

Read about this challenge in today’s Times of India

 

I do not qualify to participate but , over the past few years , I have been advocating use of Smart Phones for online voting

 

I provide below , a link of my 27 emails sent earlier to Cabinet Ministers in this regard

 

Analysis Needed : Paralysis Avoided

 

With regards,

 

Hemen Parekh

 

 

PS :

 

Some people are concerned with following possibilities ( as far as mobile-based voting is concerned ) :

 

Ø  Voter voting twice

Ø  Voter impersonating and voting on behalf of another person ( using mobile of that other person )

Ø  Vote not getting registered against the candidate voted for

Ø  Vote being invalid

Ø  Vote being cast by non-voters

 

But, since I first proposed mobile-base voting 8 years ago , technology has advanced enough to rule out all of these possibilities

 

Some of these are :

 

Ø  Finger Print – Iris Print – Facial Recognition – Palm Print ( just introduced by Amazon in some of its Stores ) – QR codes

Ø  Block Chain

Ø  Aadhar – and its linkages with voter name-address-age –sex – photo – PAN ( if tax payer )

No comments:

Post a Comment