Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 9 December 2018

LEVERAGING TECHNOLOGY FOR KIRANA ?


Shri Amit Agarwal

Senior Vice President, India Consumer Business

Amazon


Dear Amit,


I came across :


which reads :


“  This is evident from Amazon’s recent foray into the grocery segment in India, something that it has not tried in its home turf (US) or other geographies.

“ We will increase our engagement with kirana stores from where a shopper can get food and other essentials delivered from nearby stores within 2-4 hours of placing an order,” Agarwal said.

However, the Amazon executives did not get into specifics. Agarwal pointed to the company’s delivery network which enabled it to deliver products to 99.3 per cent of pin codes during the recent festival sale.

This service is available currently in Bengaluru.

Through its new delivery service, the owners of kirana shops can upload their inventories onto the Amazon website for local shoppers to see what’s available in nearby stores.

This will be delivered either through the company’s delivery service or through third-party logistics companies.

“The customer push is evident, and in achieving scale, technology will play a pivotal role. “Innovate at scale using technology is our mantra,” said Agarwal.



Sometime back , I conceptualized how Reliance Retail might organize 4 million KIRANA shops , using technology

Although Amazon has clear advantages over Reliance in matter of retailing , you might still want to look up following links

With regards,

Hemen  Parekh







Reliance Juggernaut Rolls ! 



Jio Hubs : Entrepreneurs Apply  








No comments:

Post a Comment