Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 23 February 2018

RE: GR/MPW


Dear SR,


My apologies for not responding earlier – partly because I do not have true answers to the questions raised by you


But following are my best guesses :

·         I believe Usha ( GR’s wife ) persuaded him that he had the potential to become a “ businessman “ on his own instead of working as an employee of L&T
    
      In 1990 , when I resigned from L&T and went and met Shri Dhirubhai Ambani and told him that I have resigned from L&T , I expected that he would persuade me to stay on

So , imagine my surprise when he said :

“ What you did is good  ! Despite being the son of a Bania , how did you work for others for 30 years ? You should be working for yourself ! “

Then he offered me whatever financial help I might need to start my own business !



·         As far as MHP is concerned , I believe he wanted to be a Vice President ( director , in those days ) , who would have a Manufacturing Operations , report to him ( not a “ Staff Function “ of Planning )

     When he realized that was not immediately possible , he opted to take up the World Bank job



·         I would not know why NMD chose SRS over UVR . May be it had something to do with returning of “ past obligation “ ( - the rumoured “ Palace Coup “ when HHL’s – or was it GH’s ? – contract was not removed by the Central Government ! )



Warm Regards,

hcp


From: sam ramaswamy [mailto:srimasr@yahoo.com]
Sent: 23 February 2018 11:08
To: hcp@RecruitGuru.com
Subject: Re: GR/MPW

HCP : I wonder if you recd this. I am just looking for your professional analysis - which I value.

SR


India <br>Apt 6,Tower I <br>Krishna Towers <br>50,Sardar Patel Rd <br>Chennai 600 113 <div>91-44 -222 000 82,91-44-2279 2275, 91-9444 96 0082</div> <div> </div>


On Thursday, February 8, 2018, 11:03:32 AM GMT+5:30, sam ramaswamy <srimasr@yahoo.com> wrote:


HCP :

I heard of MPW's demise as soon as it happen4ed. But I heard of Gr's demise nly a few day's back. Both were your seniors n PSW in your early days. 

1. Both were so different as superiors - one very open & transperant. Other a very organised but regimental.

2. I never could understand how L&T could let a brilliant man like GR go.

3. Similarly I could never understand why MHP chose to leave L&T.

4. Why did NMD choose SRS instead of UVR & UVR had to leave for a short time.

You were close to all of them - so pl answer my queries as a HR expert.

Thanks,

SR

India <br>Apt 6,Tower I <br>Krishna Towers <br>50,Sardar Patel Rd <br>Chennai 600 113 <div>91-44 -222 000 82,91-44-2279 2275, 91-9444 96 0082</div> <div> </div>

No comments:

Post a Comment