Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 9 October 2011

Saved by the skin of my teeth


Shuklendu  /  Nitin  /  Hardik



I must be getting old [ no secret this ! ]

I , nearly failed to see the obvious disaster !

What would have happened if we had started blasting promo emails ? – of course, after widgets got modified ?,

Ø  Hopefully, lakhs would have visited our website / downloaded and installed widgets / used widgets to “ apply “ against thousands of job alerts

And our server would have delivered their ( so-called ) “ resumes “ to recruiters

Resumes consisting of 6 fields in 2 blocks !

Result ?

Not a single of those candidates would have even received an “ interview call “ – let alone a job offer !

And those recruiters would have thought this as some kind of a “ joke “ – a clear indication that the candidate is obviously NOT interested in the job !

Thereafter, employers would start deleting every single “ resume “ arriving from RecruitGuru – even without opening

Even “ blacklist “ RecruitGuru !

And, as far as candidates are concerned, they would have lost all “ faith “ in RecruitGuru’s ability to get them interview calls !

Or, worse, think of CustomizeResume as the biggest “ Online Fraud “ ! – possibly started by Mobile Service Providers to earn some extra revenue on the sly !

That would have compelled them to start a “ Negative / Abusive Buzz “ !

In light of the foregoing, I have decided to postpone promo email blast till


Ø  Modified widgets are ready and thoroughly tested

Ø Hardik modifies script which will enable Kailas to re-upload those 47 lakh records with all those 25 fields

Ø Kailas re-uploads those records

Ø Hardik tests that the NEW “ Review Resume “ shows up in 5 blocks with all 25 fields

Ø Hardik also writes that script to find out ( from the back-end ), how many candidates have “ Zero “ job alerts / how many have “ One “ job alert / how many have “ Two “ job alerts etc [ frequency distribution of no of candidates vs no of job alerts ]. This will tell us whether everyone gets some minimum no of job alerts AND whether a great majority gets 10 / 15 job alerts ( Normal Distribution )


So , starting tomorrow, Hardik’s top priority will be to modify re-uploading script and , if possible, make it available to Kailas on Wednesday so that re-uploading can start in full blast

If , I am overlooking some more “ obvious “ things, please do bring to my notice

Regards

hcp



No comments:

Post a Comment