Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Job Alert on Mobile SMS service


Dear Shuklendu

After you phoned me last evening, I sent 3 SMS to 9756510001 ( viz: jam alert / jam detail / jam apply ) from my mobile.

Within a few minutes these got reflected in the tabulation on the “ Job Alert on Mobile “ page.

Within a few minutes thereafter, when Hardik phoned, I told him about this and also requested him to try out on his own – which, I think, he did.

Once again this morning, I sent 2 SMS ( jam alert / jam detail ) and these too, got reflected in the table.

What is however puzzling to me is that these events ( which are treated as “ visits “ by the LIVE TRAFFIC FEED ), did not show-up !

Earlier, whenever someone sent any type of JAM SMS, the “ Live Traffic Feed “ column displayed :

A visitor from Seattle / Washington viewed Jam Alert page 2 seconds ago

This is because the server of HP Labs / SiteOnMobile , which receives JAM SMS and delivers “ Reply SMS “, is located in Seattle –USA.

It is very important that the Live Traffic Feed shows these messages.

When any first-time visitor visits our website, one of the first feature that he notices is the Live Traffic Feed.

And when he finds that every few seconds someone or other is “ viewing “ the Jam Alert Page, he is tremendously impressed !

He is convinced that JAM Service is extremely popular amongst the users of our website.

This encourages him to Register himself ( as a jobseeker ), and start using JAM Service himself.

Even the counter “ No of Visits Today “ within the “ Site Statistics “ block ( courtesy : Hi-Stats ), keeps going up with each and every JAM SMS – even though there is no real / physical visit by the sender of the SMS !

Once again, this highly impresses the visitors.

I would request you to phone Ms Revathi of SiteOnMobile- Bangalore ( M – 0-98,44,13,54,39 ) and inquire about this matter.

I am marking a copy of this email to her. I have already earlier informed her about you taking over our site maintenance from Rohan.

With regards



hemen parekh



Jobs  for  All  =  Peace  on  Earth

PS:

Dear Revathi

After nearly 4 weeks of mayhem , we finally got our website working again last evening on our own webserver in our office.

With these change-over problems behind us, I will now re-start promo emails to jobseekers.

I hope you and your team are doing well and on way to some exciting mobile-based innovation.

hemen


No comments:

Post a Comment