Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 26 August 2010

classified service


Rohan

In yesterday’s Times Of India, on the Classifieds page, I came across one of their own advt as follows:

“ Now,SMS “ iwish < your requirement > on 5667755”  for job options anywhere in India from wherever you are, or anything else that you wish for. Only on India’s first and largest mobile

 classified service.

For example SMS

iwish Marketing Manager FMCG to 5667755  “



You may wish to check this out.

I wonder whether www.TimesJobs.com  have figured-out a method whereby 30 million Indian SMEs ( who employ 2/3 employees each and need to recruit 1 employee every year, due to

 resignation / retirement / death / expansion / sacking etc ),can directly upload their vacancy on TimesJobs website as an SMS from their mobile phones .

If they have not found a way, then here is an opportunity for us !

AS far as using jobsites for recruitment is concerned, these 30 million SMEs are , in words of Clayton Christensen, “ Non-Consumers

May be they don’t have a PC / Internet connection .

May be , just to publish ONE vacancy in a year, they can’t afford to buy even a one month’s subscription of TimesJobs !

Some 500 of them did advertise in the PRINT copy of Times of India yesterday. That makes 1000 per week or 50,000 per year !

If we add-up other newspapers, this figure may go-up to , may be 500,000 . Still a small fraction of all the SME.

And, in Times print edition, each classified ( ave ) costs Rs. 5000 /

For Times , that is RS.25 Crores per year !

With regards

hcp


No comments:

Post a Comment