Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 27 August 2010

 arrival of 3G




It seems that mobile service providers and even manufacturers of handsets are venturing into mobile-based job alerts in order to increase their ARPU ( average revenue per user ).

ARPUs of all MSPs are falling month after month. Competition will further hot-up with

Ø arrival of 3G
Ø Number portability

You would notice that Vodafone charge Rs.30 / pm for this service.

I presume that these handsets will need to be GPRS-enabled.

Tasklet has this advantage. It is also independent of the MSPs.

These are our advantages- but total dependence on RSS feeds is our WEAKNESS.

However, if someday we succeed in enabling thousands of small businesses to upload their vacancies on our website as an SMS , directly from their mobiles, then we would overcome this weakness !

Obviously there will be no “ structure “ to such SMS job-advts. So, we cannot create a “ Searchable Database “ from such uploaded advts.

But perhaps we can “ index “ these advts , using LUCENE.Net and then “ match “ the keywords contained with the “ Function / Skill “ to deliver matching job alerts on mobile.

Let us discuss when Rohan is free

hcp

No comments:

Post a Comment