Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 4 January 2024

NEW MODEL OF INTERNET RULES

 Dear Matthew.

 

 

I just came across following news report :

 

 

New Model of Internet Rules could come out of India : Cloudflare CEO    /  Eco Times / 10 June

 

 

It reads :

 

Ø The new model of regulating the internet of the future could come out of India, said Matthew Prince, CEO of US-based web security and networking provider Cloudflare

 

Ø In a fireside chat with Joyce Hakmeh, a cyber policy researcher at Chatham House, Prince said India had reached the critical mass to be an anchor for a third way of internet regulation, as opposed to the US and China models – the most prevalent so far

 

Ø “ I think that the new model of internet regulation, for better or worse, is likely to come out of India. They have the critical mass and size to really be kind of a new anchor for a third way of internet regulation, “ Prince said

 

Ø “ I think that’s something that we all really need to pay attention to and think about whether that’s something that we want the entire internet to follow “ , Prince said

 

 

 

Dear Matthew,

 

 

For past few years, I have been pleading with Indian Policy Makers ( Cabinet Ministers – State Chie Ministers – MPs – MLAs etc ) , to :

 

Ø Steer away from the stance adopted by US – EU etc viz :  taxing the BIG TECH ( - only to end up endless litigations )

 

Ø Adopt a mechanism which will force BIG TECH to “  Buy “  personal data of its Users ( enabling Users to MONETIZE their data – which they OWN )

 

Ø Disable BIG TECH to collect / compile / use ( SELL ? ) its User Data , without their explicit permission / then making a ton of moey out of that STOLEN DATA

 

In my following blogs ( each sent as e-mail to Policy Makers ) , I have described this mechanism :

 

 

SARAL …………………………………………………………………[ 10 Feb 2019 ]

 

Digital Dividend from Demographic Data ………..[ 14 Feb 2019 ]

 

 

I would be happy to know your views about my suggested THIRD WAY

 

WIth regards,

 

Hemen Parekh

 

Mumbai – India

hcp@RecruitGuru.com   /   www.hemenparekh.in

No comments:

Post a Comment