Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 4 January 2024

FW: Great Indian Bustard can be saved

 Resending since delivery failed first time

 

Regards,

 

hemen

 

From: Hemen Parekh [mailto:hcp@recruitguru.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2021 4:45 PM
To: bivah.pandav@wii.gov.ininfo@bnhs.org
Cc: hcp@recruitguru.com
Subject: Great Indian Bustard can be saved

 

Shri Bivash Pandav  ( Director – Bombey Natural History Society )

 

_-----------------------------------------

 

Dear Shri Pandavji,

 

 

I just came across following news report in today’s Times of India :

 

Power cos defy SC order, refuse to take power lines underground

In this context, I sent following e-mail , a few days back

 

As you will notice, technologies are already under development , which can save the birdsAND also save those power companies Rs 80,000 crore of ( unbudgeted ) expense of laying the power lines underground

 

But this can happen only if,

 

Ø   Supreme Court itself “ directs “  those companies to approach the technology-developers for help

 

Ø   Our PM, Shri Modiji, “ directs “ our Minister for Renewable PowerShri R K Singhji, to become a party to such dialogue / negotiations

 

If BNHS requests SC and PM , then , I believe  a beginning can be made

 

 

Although, employing “  Bird Diverting / herding Drones “ could be a quicker and cheaper solution , I believe the long-term potential savings of “  Wireless Transmission “ of power ( between towers ) , is simply MIND BOGGLING !

 

No doubt, power cable companies could well see this as a threat to their business but such disruptions are inevitable 1

 

With regards,

 

Hemen Parekh

 

Andheri – Mumbai

 

hcp@RecruitGuru.com  /  www.hemenparekh.in

 

( M ) 98,67,55,08,08    

No comments:

Post a Comment