Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 14 January 2024

HAPPY NEW YEAR

 Dear Vani / Sri,

 

At the outset my apologies for delay in replying to your email of a few days ago ( - for some reason, I could not locate it in my mail box today )

 

Our entire family is doing well – barring for old age related issues with me and Bharati ( walking difficulties / general weakness )

 

Since last April , we have stopped visiting our adjoining garden ( walking difficulty + Lockdown conditions ) – but I do walk in our house for 10 / 15 minutes every evening

 

As far as stepping out of the house is concerned, once in a month or so, we do visit younger son Nirmit / Pooja , at their Powai residence, for lunch

 

Vishesh’s elder daughter  Anokhee ( York-UK ) got a baby son , some 4 months back – hence Vishesh / Niyati are visiting Anokhee right now and will be back on 1st March

 

Both Vishesh and Nirmit , do visit their respective offices , 2 / 3 times a week for a few hours. Rest of the time they conduct their businesses using Video Conferencing

 

Younger grand daughter , Aneree ( Psycho-therapist ) too , has vacated her rented office and does her 4 / 5 consulting sessions using ZOOM from her apartment on 8th floor ( we are on 9th floor and Vishesh – Niyati are on 10th floor )

 

Dr Usha Krishna visited us and had tea with us, a fortnight back . She is frail but , I believe, still attends  her consulting room every morning

 

Bharati joins me in wishing both of you – and your families – a very happy New Year

 

Do let us know if – and when – you are planning a visit to India

 

I hope , both of you are keeping in good health

 

Regards,

 

Hcp

 

PS :

 

From the 16th floor of Nirmit’s flat at Powai ( right behind old transport department ) , I saw the start of demolition of  PSW / Heavy  Shop buildings , where a huge residential complex is coming up. All factory/Office buildings in Powai East and most others in Powai West have already been razed and replaced with Resi / Comm buildings  

No comments:

Post a Comment