Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 21 January 2024

CONVERTING AGRICULTURAL WASTE INTO ACTIVE CARBON

 Dear Lewis Dunnigan

 

[ ByGen ],

 

 

 

I write in context of the technology that you have developed for producing Active Carbon , by converting / processing ,

 

Ø  Agricultural Waste

 

Ø  Plastic

 

[ Source :

 

https://www.bygen.com.au/technology

 

Activated carbon breakthrough offers solution to global plastic crisis  ]

 

I wish you all success in obtaining  funding to commercialize your process

 

As with everywhere else in the World, this technology is badly needed in India, since , both plastic and agri waste are the biggest pollutants here

 

Stubble { onsite agri residue after harvest }, burning ( by farmers ) is causing havoc with AQI { Air Quality Index } of most cities in North India, exceeding 360 for past 10 days

 

A single state of Punjab burns 20 million tons of stubble within 15 days !

 

According to a government estimate, over 500 million tonnes ( MT ) of agricultural straw are produced every year in the country

 

 

·         Of this, nearly 362 million tonnes ( from rice-wheat-maize-millet ) , are burnt on the farms

 

 

·         Amount of surplus crop residue is estimated at 84-141 million tonnes

 

 

Do you think your process could use this waste and convert to activated carbon ?

 

I would like to alert the Indian Government re your process

 

With regards,

 

Hemen Parekh

 

Mumbai / India

 

hcp@RecruitGuru.com

 

 

Related reading :

 

Legislation or No legislation !

No comments:

Post a Comment