Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 19 September 2018

THERE IS STILL TIME TO RE-THINK


Brittany Kaiser  :  You are right

------------------------------------


You are absolutely right when you say :


If privacy is truly a thing of the past, then people should at least profit off their own personal information 


Privacy doesn’t exist  in a post-Facebook crisis era,” Kaiser said at the Bloomberg Sooner Than You Think summit in Singapore.


“The digital assets that you produce every day are your own human value. You should be able to own them and you should be able to share in the monetization of that.”


From a personal perspective, real ownership and control of data means having all your information -- from political leanings and product preferences to medical records -- in one place, so people can decide who gets to access it and on what terms.


{  See details of how this can work at :
   A Matter of Motive   ………. [  04  Aug  2018  ]  }



That could mean anything from selling it to granting limited use in exchange for a free service ( such as Facebook ) -- or keeping it completely private.




For over an year now , that is precisely what I have been advocating , as can be seen from my following blogs ( sent as 41 EMAILS to India’s Cabinet Ministers / Supreme Court / NITI Aayog / PM’s Economic Advisory Council etc ) :

Data Privacy Law : a Pandora’s Box ?  …………[  15  July  2018  ]

 

 

We can choose to hide our head in the sands but that won’t make the storm go away  !

 

I urge Shri Ravi Shankar Prasadji to consider my suggestion while framing the Data Protection Law

 

19  Sept  2018

www.hemenparekh.in / blogs






No comments:

Post a Comment