Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 29 September 2018

PLASTONE





I read with great interest news about your innovation of “ Plastic Tiles “ ( made from old plastic scrap ) , in yesterday’s Mumbai Mirror

Congratulations !

Your innovation has the potential to solve twin problems , viz : Plastic scrap pollution and poor road surfaces

At one place , report reads : “ Plastone tiles are costlier than ordinary tiles “ ( concrete paver blocks ? )

This ( cost ) could prove a deterrent to a wide adoption of Plastone

I am sure, you must be working on reducing the cost ( much below the cost of paver blocks )

And , as far as its “ non-road “ usage ( eg : walls for those 10 lakh toilets ) is concerned, you may want to explore some method to make these “ light weight “ and “ inter-lockable

Eg : Foam concrete ( on which , I worked at the University of Kansas , in 1957 , under Prof Crosier )


Wishing you all success

With regards,

Hemen Parekh



No comments:

Post a Comment