Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 9 March 2024

headlines from Newspapers

 Sandeep ,

 

During our meeting yesterday , I demonstrated the process of writing a blog, as follows :

 

Ø     Read headlines from newspapers ( I subscribe to Times of India / Economic Times / Hindustan Times / Business Lines )

Ø     Cut out some news , for which I want to write a blog ( I enter on each cutting > Name of paper / date )

Ø     From each cutting, I enter the news-heading in Google to get several related links

Ø     In those links , my first choice is the link from same news paper . If I cannot find , then link from some other source for same “ news “

Ø     I copy / paste the “ News Heading “ and the URL , in a WORD document under “ Context “

Ø     I copy / paste ( entire or partial news from that link ) text under “ Extract “

Ø     I highlight some keywords in the pasted TEXT

Ø     Then I proceed to MY TAKE

Ø     I enter some news-related  keywords in our BLOGGER Dashboard to locate, one or more of my OLD BLOGS about the same subject . When I

          find one suitable / relevant , I type its heading AND URL , under “ My Take “

Ø     Under “ Extract “ , I copy /paste, relevant paragraphs from one of the selected OLD BLOG

 

 

As I mentioned yesterday , most of the times , a link of “ Times of India / Economic Times “ do NOT permit “ copy / paste “  [  pl find out how much would it cost / year for subscription and let me know ]

 

In such case , I adopt one of the following options :

 

Ø     Manually read and TYPE OUT the desired paragraphs from TOI / Eco Times ,       OR

Ø     Select similar news from “ HT / BL “ or any other source ( Hindu /  Indian Express etc ) , which permits copy / paste

 

Please send Dilip to my home tomorrow to pick-up all the news cuttings – which I have segregated newspaper – wise

 

Then create following 4 tabulations ( 3 columns in Excel ? ) – separate one for each news paper :

 

Ø     Title / Heading of the news

Ø     URL of same news title ( in same newspaper  ) – mention whether copy / paste allowed

Ø     If copy / paste NOT allowed, then URL of any other source ( for similar or identical news-heading  ), which DOES allow copy /paste

 

Send these to me and Kishan

 

These tabulations will help Kishan to test BLOG GENIE when ready

 

It will also help Kishan to advise us , which Newspapers we need to subscribe to

 

And of course, these tabulations, will help me to generate ( may be ) 5 / 10 blogs every day , when tool is ready !

 

Apart from newspapers , every day , I come across one or more news ARTICLEs in online sources ( or sent to me as Newsletters to sites which I subscribe to ) . I send these links to myself ( hcp@RecruitGuru.com ) for later detailed reading to decide whether I should use for writing a blog

 

When I send these links while reading on my iPAD , it gets stored in a folder ( which you created ) titled “ iCloud Emails 

 

Here is a crazy thought ( for examining by Kishan ) :

 

Instead of sending these links to hcp@RecruitGuru.com  from my iPAD or PC , could I . possibly send it to “ BlogGenie@RecruitGuru.com “ – and it gets automatically loaded into Blog Genie , straight away ?

 

Now , since I send many of these links ( to myself ) between 8 pm to 10 pm , lying in bed, while pretending to watch TV but reading on iPAD , I have certainly no desire ( or strength ) to write a blog , right away !

 

In this case , could I see next morning , in Blog Genie, a link which reads > Blogs awaiting writing

 

Clicking on this link will list ( say ) 4 links , one each for the blog awaiting to be written ?

 

hcp

No comments:

Post a Comment