Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 1 July 2018

Cynthia, After searching for some time , I finally found this mail ! Thanks for your good wishes I consider myself blessed to have friends like you Warm Regards, Hcp From: Cynthia [mailto:cynthia@netcore.co.in] Sent: 27 June 2018 09:24 To: hcp@recruitguru.com Subject: Birthday wishes Dear Mr. Parekh, Wishing you the heartiest birthday ever!!! Stay well and keep going in good health and peace of mind. God bless you on this Birthday for everything that you are and mean to each of us. Very fond regards. Cynthia P.S. : I lost of mobile phone yesterday in the rick while in Bandra. So dont have any contacts now, till I sort out my new phone and new sim. Therefore sent this mail. Please accept my wishes via mail this time, though I would like to talk to you personally and wish ( may be you may not pick up an unknown number, therefore the mail was the best bet to reach you)


Dear Sri,

I cherish your friendship – and I pray to God to keep it going between us for ever

Pl give my regards to Vani

hcp

From: Srinivasa Ratnam [mailto:vanisri1@outlook.com]
Sent: 27 June 2018 22:45
To: HCP & L&T Contacts
Subject: May you live a hundred thousand years!
Importance: High

Dear Mr. Parekh,
In our telephone call yesterday, I was referencing a Sloka from the great Tamil Vaishnavite Poet Periazhvar on Lord Vishnu.
I am not sure how much of this beautiful sentiment I was able to convey to you on the phone.
The story goes like this:
Periazhvar, the Chief among the 12 Vaishnavite saints of the 7-10th century, was being taken in a procession by the Pandya King (after winning a competition). The Lord appears on Garuda and Periazhvar composes the Pallandu Poem to ward off the evil eye.
The interpretation is that though Lord Vishnu, being the supreme being, is beyond getting hurt by anyone, the Saint Periazhwar, out of his protective love, wanted to be sure and composed this poem to ward of any बुरी नज़र  on the Lord.
As the Photo shot below shows, the meaning of this Poem is:
(May you live) Many years, many years, many thousands of years!
Many hundred thousand crore years!
Oh, mighty-shouldered, (blue) gem-colored Lord, who killed the
wrestlers (Chanura and Mushtika)
May your handsome red feet be protected!

As the Saint-devotee sang praises on the Lord, I to make a (feeble) attempt to submit my humble love to you through his poem.
May the Lord continue to bless you with bountiful of good health, vigor, and a keen mind. May we all have the good fortune to interact with you for many many years (Pallandu!)!

With our best regards to you and Bharathi,
Vani & Ratnam 



No comments:

Post a Comment