Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 17 January 2024

RE: Gunnar Hansen

 HRS,

 

GH was my Guru - for engineering / management / human relations etc

 

I remember many instances of my interactions with him – from each of which , I learned something

 

After he returned to Denmark , he visited India once ( that I know of ), to attend the marriage of a son of , one of our Switchgear colleagues . As was his custom, he made searching inquiries about how L&T was doing !

 

I will never forget GH . He was one of the pillars on which today’s L&T stands

 

hcp        

 

From: Haridas Shenoy [mailto:hrshenoy1941@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2020 3:37 PM
To: Varuni Khosla
Subject: Gunnar Hansen

 

Hi

 

I am nearing 79.

 

I worked for L&T Switchgear from 1963 to 2000. I am in touch with some 150 ex colleagues of my era. One of them sent me a link to your article in ET.

 

I am enclosing herewith a portion of your article, along with an article which appeared in another newspaper website. You can see the difference in the introduction to the topic.

 

Mr Gunnar Hansen was one of the ONLY 4 General Managers in L&T in 1963 when I joined and he was a highly respected person for his knowledge, skill and commitment to the organisation. Later on he became a member of the Board of Directors. Swatch Bharat started now. In L&T Powai, he was the architect of Swach Bharat since 50s.

 

I have also published a book on L&T Switchgear along with some 35 of my colleagues. You may like to browse through the same and particularly search for references to Mr Hansen. Apparently there was another unpublished book called Power of E or something like that which will give you insight into L&T of yesteryears.

 

If you want to know more about Mr Hansen, I can give you emails of some veterans of those years who are in their 80s.

 

Wish you all the best in the field of journalism.

 

 

HR Shenoy, 7666128505

No comments:

Post a Comment