Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 23 January 2024

PEOPLE, not the STATE must own DATA

 Dear Errol – Pritha,

 

 

 

Just read your very interesting article in Business Line ( 22 March )

 

 

 

You write :

 

#   Data is a personal asset, and not a national asset…….

 

#   Under this law , the consumer is the sole owner of the data…….

 

 

 

My suggestion :

 

Since user ( of Social Media / E Com sites etc ) is the owner of his own personal data, should he not share in the profits that such sites make , using ( read : selling ) this data ? ( currently, without user permission )

 

 

 

In support my suggestion, I have proposed following mechanism ( sent as email to Cabinet Ministers / NITI Aayog etc ) :

 

Digital Dividend from Demographic Data [ 4 D ]

 

 

Bulk Data Sharing / Selling Policy ? 

 

Regards,

 

Hemen  Parekh  /   www.hemenparekh.in

No comments:

Post a Comment