Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 21 January 2024

FW: Layout of Poems

 Dear Jayesh,

 

Many thanks for your prompt initiative

 

Layout looks just fine and fonts are very legible except in case of Gujarati version where the fonts appear somewhat “ thick “ !

 

In Gujarati version, adjacent words seem to be touching each other and cannot be distinguished as stand-alone

 

Can you pl let me know the size of the paper in mm ( width x height ) ?

 

Centralizing the text is a very good idea but breaks ( gaps ) between the stanzas will need to be gone through to preserve the context of the thought being expressed

 

As far as the : Date of the poem : is concerned , it may remain in the centre but could we print it , a little lower and in slightly lower fonts ?

 

In the meantime, I am going through the manuscripts printed in my office, for apparent mistakes / errors ( marking corrections by hand )

 

Vishesh thinks that the book should be divided into 3 sections, which I agree

 

First section could be Hindi , next Gujarati and last one English

 

Whereas, ( within each section ) , I am keen to arrange / sequence the poems in reverse chronology ( latest at the top and earliest – 1945 ? – at the bottom, ), Vishesh thinks otherwise !

 

He thinks these should be so arranged that the poems follow the order 1945 – 55- 58 – 67 – 78 etc

 

What do you suggest ?

 

Regards for Divya,

 

Hemen masa  

From: vishesh Income Group [mailto:vishesh@incomegroup.in]
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2019 8:11 PM
To: Hemen Parekh
Subject: Fwd: Layout of Poems

 

 

Best Regards

Vishesh Parekh

INCOME

(out of office)

 


From: easternpress <mail@easternpress.net>
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2019 7:53:31 PM
To: vishesh Income Group <vishesh@incomegroup.in>
Subject: Layout of Poems

 

Dear Vishesh bhai

 

Request you to check the layout & size of paper.

 

Regards

Jayesh N Dave

EASTERN PRINTING PRESS

Regd.Office: 56, CRESCENT CHAMBERS

TAMARIND LANE, FORT MUMBAI : 400001

Tel: (91-22) 2265 5467/4002 5467

Work: Gala no 8/9 Shah & Nahar Ind. Est.

Sitaram Jadhav Marg, Lower Parel

Mumbai : 400013

Tel: (91-22) 2496 3668/69

No comments:

Post a Comment