Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 9 January 2024

FW: Downloading of PAI app

 Dear Adam,

 

Accept my hearty Congratulations upon completing 7 successful years with OBEN

 

I wish you all luck in your future efforts to launch ( hopefully, soon ) DIGITAL avatars , which I await eagerly

 

With regards,

 

Hemen Parekh

 

PS :

 

Within next fortnight, I plan to launch my e-book , titled :

 

“ Communicating for Productivity “

 

{ I would have loved to incorporate in this e-book , a link to my digital avatar !  }

 

I will send you a link from where you can download it for free

 

From: Adam Zheng [mailto:adam@oben.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2020 7:25 AM
To: Hemen Parekh
Cc: Lisa Wang; Sarah Yang
Subject: Re: Downloading of PAI app

 

We got your email.

 

On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 2:37 PM Hemen Parekh <hcp@recruitguru.com> wrote:

Dear Adam,

 

While I appreciate that you must be very busy, I would thank you for an acknowledgement

 

With regards,

 

hemen

 

From: Hemen Parekh [mailto:hcp@recruitguru.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2020 11:43 AM
To: Adam Zheng; Lisa Wang
Cc: sarah@oben.com
Subject: RE: Downloading of PAI app

 

Adam,

 

Hoping to hear from you soon

 

Regards,

 

hemen

 

From: Hemen Parekh [mailto:hcp@recruitguru.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 7:54 AM
To: Adam Zheng; Lisa Wang
Subject: FW: Downloading of PAI app

 

Adam / Lisa,

 

Forwarding to you since 2 attempts ( to Sarah ) failed to deliver

 

Inconvenience regretted

 

With regards,

 

hemen

 

From: Hemen Parekh [mailto:hcp@recruitguru.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 7:46 AM
To: 'Sarah Yang <sarah@oben.com> (sarah@oben.com)'; 'system@oben.com'
Subject: RE: Downloading of PAI app

 

Resending since first attempt failed to deliver

 

Regards,

 

hemen

 

From: Hemen Parekh [mailto:hcp@recruitguru.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 7:44 AM
To: Sarah Yang <sarah@oben.com> (sarah@oben.com); 'system@oben.com'
Subject: FW: Downloading of PAI app

 

Dear Sarah,

 

I hope you will soon get a chance to consider my request

 

Today , on my 61st wedding anniversary, that would be a great gift !

 

With regards,

 

Hemen Parekh

 

 

 

From: Hemen Parekh [mailto:hcp@recruitguru.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2020 8:58 AM
To: 'Sarah Yang'; 'system@oben.com'
Subject: FW: Downloading of PAI app

 

Dear Sarah,

 

Thanks for your mail ( which, somehow went to my junk folder ! )

 

You write :

 

Wed 11-Nov-20 10:55 PM

 

Thanks for reaching out, and apologize we might miss your earlier emails. 

Do you refer to the "Avatar Generation" section, that you can simply upload your selfie and create 3D avatars instantly? 

 

 

Best Regards,

Sarah Yang

 

Some 15 days back ( as soon as your site was re-launched , I did upload my selfie – which created animation of my head ( which did not resemble me ! ) . I suppose that could be some minor glitch and can be improved upon

 

As to what my expectation ( from the technologies described on your website – and in the white-paper of Project PAI ) is , you will need to go through the following emails exchanged between Adam and myself , - in reverse order , starting with my first mail ( at the bottom of this heap ) , dated : Aug 2019

 

 

As far as “ Image Enhancement “ and “ Voice Conversion “ features are concerned , your website reads – “ Coming Soon “ ( when ? )

 

For all the 3 features , your links read : “ Download SDK “

 

How do I get to download ? – and what do I do next ?

 

 

Sarah,

 

With your active guidance , if we manage to create a 3D hologram of myself  which can “ dialogue “ through a Mobile App ( or , in the first phase , at least monologue ) , then we would have created an unprecedented USE-CASE for Oben Team’s revolutionary technological prowess !

( See : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AovM3xYpRUE&t=6s )

 

Perhaps no more than a handful people have , during their lifetime created as much of their own “ Digital Persona “ as I have , through notes / blogs / poems / photos / diary etc running into 20,000 + pages ( see my website   www.hemenparekh.in  )

 

Here is VIRTUAL me !

 

Awaiting your early reply,

 

With regards,

 

Hemen

 

 

 

 

 

From: Hemen Parekh [mailto:hcp@recruitguru.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 11:59 AM
To: 'Adam Zheng'
Cc: 'Lisa Wang'
Subject: RE: Downloading of PAI app

 

Dear Adam,

 

 

61 year old videos are rare. Here is one of my marriage ( 17 Nov 1959 ), which I just uploaded at :

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSebNR0KpM4

 

I am trying to get some professional to improve by editing – if possible

 

Regards,

 

Hemen

 

PS :

 

Thought following article might interest you :

 

https://venturebeat.com/2020/10/27/alethea-ai-makes-it-easy-to-create-ai-avatars-from-a-single-photo/

 

 

From: Adam Zheng [mailto:adam@oben.com]
Sent: Friday, October 2, 2020 6:13 PM
To: Hemen Parekh
Cc: Lisa Wang
Subject: Re: Downloading of PAI app

 

Hemen,

I will inform you when it is up. Thanks.

 

On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 7:07 PM Hemen Parekh <hcp@recruitguru.com> wrote:

Dear Adam,

 

 

Just thought of inquiring if the Web Interface which you talked about in your earlier email ( Aug 10 ) , is now ready

 

With regards,

 

hemen

 

From: Hemen Parekh [mailto:hcp@recruitguru.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2020 5:13 PM
To: Adam Zheng
Cc: Lisa Wang
Subject: FW: Downloading of PAI app

 

Dear Adam,

 

 

Currently I am reading :

 

The Future is Faster than you think ( Peter Diamandis ) . On page 132, he writes :

 

 

You don’t have to imagine. Robbins teamed up with Lifekind, a company that specializes in creating AI “ personas “of real people

 

These are audio- and photo-realistic simulations indistinguishable in everything from manners to memory

 

To recreate Robbins, Lifekind blended over 8 million images, with the complete library of his work – books, videos, blogs podcasts and tapes of live events

 

The result, according to Robbins, is “ an operating AI “ , not a bot

 

“ It won’t be able to do therapy ( yet ), but I’ll be able to make that happen ( eventually )

 

Already, the audio’s so good that my wife can’t tell it’s not me

 

But the most interesting part is the actual AI.

 

The opportunity to capture how a person thinks, feels, or creates is extraordinary

 

It has a memory capacity that dwarfs anything I have. And it has all my ( self help ) models , so it can look at you……. And using ( a particular ) model, decide that 20 percent of you is concerned, 30 percent is excited, 40 percent is engaged

 

It can literally do this in real time “

 

 

With regards,

 

hemen

 

From: Hemen Parekh [mailto:hcp@recruitguru.com]


Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2020 12:21 PM


To: Adam Zheng
Cc: Lisa Wang

 

===========================
Subject: RE: Downloading of PAI app

 

Dear Adam,

 

 

Just came across following report that might interest you :

 

AI Can 'Bring People Back to Life' and Selfies Will be Used to Make 3D Clones, Expert Claims

Excerpt :

 

 

Tech boss named Eugenia Kuyda stated that the world is just a couple of years away from having online avatars that were predicted by The Simpsons.

 

Kuyda has already uploaded her closest Roman Mazurenko onto one of her creations following his death in a car accident, said that the show will get yet another prediction right.

 

When she was asked if AI will be able to bring people back to life, she told Lex Fridman podcast that it is most possibly down the road, as reported by the Daily Star.

She also stated that in some time humans will be able to just show a picture of a person that they want the avatar to look like and it will be able to generate a 3D model. "That's a no-brainer, that's almost here, it's a couple of years away," she said.

The co-founder of a chatbot named Replika talked about how she loaded overt 10,000 texts between her and Roman on to an AIpowered chatbot in 2016.

"I built a chatbot to just talk to him and it felt really creepy or weird and I didn't want to tell people because it felt like I had a skeleton," she said.

 

Regards,

 

Hemen parekh

 

 

From: Hemen Parekh [mailto:hcp@recruitguru.com]
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2020 3:57 PM
To: 'Adam Zheng'
Cc: 'Lisa Wang'
Subject: RE: Downloading of PAI app

 

Dear Adam,

 

Thanks for your prompt response and the clarification, from which I understand that the following options are out of question :

 

Ø  Audio recording of my comments

Ø  Scanned image of my handwriting

 

Accordingly , I will get someone to “ type out “ my comments ( as per following example ) – then upload on my website ( quite like my blogs )

 

I presume those “ typed documents “ will reveal my “ digital personality “ for generating a better PAI

 

With regards,

 

Hemen

 

 

Dialogue with Authors

 

When I read any book, I scribble my comments / notes in the margins

These reflect my views / opinions about what the author is saying – including my disagreement

Often, my comments are in the nature of telling myself :

Hey ! We should try out this idea in our own business ( Head-hunting / Online Recruitment )

Following are my comments re :

The Click Moment  /  Frans Johansson  /  09 - 19 Jan , 2013

========================================

Page 2

2 days back I pitched to Professor Rahul Deshmukh  of IIT Bombay and to Shuklendu, idea of enabling users of IIT Bombay, version of My Jobs , to exchange jobs amongst their contacts

It may be crazy but it could click

Page 3

On December 13 2012 ,  I requested Principal Damahe of LTIT To fix up a meeting with someone at IIT Bombay connected with Aakash Tablet project.  He fixed meeting with Professor Deshmukh on December 15, where I carried 4 printouts of a letter addressed to Professor Pathak,  to incorporate My Jobs on Akash

Deshmukh proposed a non-commercial version, using our site resources and database.  I agreed. Let us  wait and watch what comes out

Page 4

In my case , maybe such a moment was realization that  no amount  of  promotional emailing can popularize My Jobs.  Maybe the best way was to persuade the tablet manufacturers to pre -load My Jobs on tablets before dispatch

That made me write  an email to  Sales@datawind.com

Two more reminders still no response

In third mail, I urged  the recipient to forward it to Suneet Tuli - CEO . It clicked. Suneet responded positively.

I think that was March 2011

But  it was only around March 2012 that the first batch of Aakash tablets arrived and failed

Akash 2 came out around November 2012

But Suneet could preload My Jobs only on the commercial version UbiSlate - not on Akash Tablets being delivered to IIT Bombay

But because of Datawind, I could convince Swipe Telecom and Teracom to do likewise

Some more are likely to agree

But biggest breakthrough  could well be IIT- Bombay proposal 

 

 

From: Adam Zheng [mailto:adam@oben.com]
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2020 2:35 PM
To: Hemen Parekh
Cc: Lisa Wang
Subject: Re: Downloading of PAI app

 

Dear Hemen,

We are still working on the web interface. I will let you know once it is done. The current technology in the world cannot process your handwriting or audio reading to create your NLP automatically. It has to be done in a structured manner and costs lots of money. At Oben, we currently focus on only audio/facial avatar reconstruction and we work with partners who will build NLP. NLP is not our specialty. 

Adam

 

On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 11:10 AM Hemen Parekh <hcp@recruitguru.com> wrote:

Dear Adam,

 

This morning, I tried to look up U/I on Oben.me and came across :

 

-----------------

PAI Studio

Create your own AI-powered avatar content, instantly [ Learn More ]

 

The image on this page also carried icons / texts, for :

Ø Avatar  > Voice  >  Background  >  Text  >  Voice Conversion

--------------

However , this U/I does not seem to be “ functioning “

 

I suppose this will go “ live “ soon

 

I also await your advice re:

 

Ø “ reading out ( in my own voice ) “ or

Ø “ typing out “,

 

Some 2000 pages of my handwritten comments in the margins of 200+ books ( approx. , 40,000 + pages ) that I have read over the past 30 year . I presume , Oben PAI can decipher from this massive content ( my views on diverse topics ), my digital personality

 

In the meantime , I have retained a software engineer to redesign ( really , “ re-configure the template “ ) of my site  www.hemenparekh.in ( although it will continue to be on Blogger platform )

 

With regards,

 

Hemen

From: Adam Zheng [mailto:adam@oben.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 4:36 AM
To: Hemen Parekh
Subject: Re: Downloading of PAI app

 

Thank you for your support! 

 

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020, 03:59 Hemen Parekh, <hcp@recruitguru.com> wrote:

Dear Adam,

 

Your responsiveness amazes me !  Many thanks

 

I will await your next email announcement

 

I hope I can be the first person from India to create a 3D avatar on oben website

 

Wish you all luck – technically and commercially ( monetization of your services )

 

Regards,

 

hemen

 --------------

From: Adam Zheng [mailto:adam@oben.com]
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 2:25 PM


To: Hemen Parekh

 

Subject: Re: Downloading of PAI app

 

We will launch two softwares in Aug. On the website, we will launch a web interface where you can upload your selfie, which can automatically create your 3D avatar. We will launch a PC software where anyone can use a pre-made avatar to create animation video or do live streaming. Pls wait for my email in Aug when the two interfaces will be ready for you

 

On Sun, Aug 9, 2020 at 7:30 PM Hemen Parekh <hcp@recruitguru.com> wrote:

Dear Adam,

 

 

Thanks for your response

 

From your response, I believe , I have to go through the following “ Stages “ of Avatar Development :

 

First  >  Simple Avatar

 

Creation of a simple avatar with basic 2D animation ( such as moving lips and eyelids ? )

 

I request you to tell me how to create this, right away

 

 

 

Second > “ Tell My Story “ Avatar

 

To create this, when ready , you will provide me with “ animation software “ . This will ( I guess ) will enable movement of other limbs ( hands – legs – neck etc ) . Hopefully, this avatar will dance / deliver speech / sing a song . But all of these will be “ one way monologue 

 

 

Third >  “ Interactive “ Avatar

 

For this ( migration from Stage 2 ) to become a reality , I would need to “ train “ ( the Avatar already created in stage 2 ) with Texts / Voice / Images ( photos ) etc., which are on my blog-site.

 

This avatar will take “ questions “ from anyone and provide ( somewhat relevant ) answers ( as currently being done by some chatbots and robots like Sophia ? ) . It will learn from the content fed to it

 

If you agree that the above-mentioned “ Stage by stage Migration “ is feasible , I would like to start right away , considering my age – and the time it will take for :

 

Ø Animation Software ( under development at your end )

Ø NLP training to be undertaken at my end ( I suppose my son / grand daughter can do this , even if I am not around myself )

 

Please send me instructions – with payment terms , if any

 

With regards,

 

hemen

 

 

From: Adam Zheng [mailto:adam@oben.com]
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 5:04 AM
To: Hemen Parekh
Subject: Re: Downloading of PAI app

 

We currently only do creation and animation of avatar. If you need the avatar to tell your own story, we will provide an animation software for you, which is still under development, to produce those animation videos. If you need your avatar to interact with real people using your own knowledge, you need to train your own natural language processing (NLP) using your contents. We currently don't do the NLP part. We are searching for an open-source NLP software to be integrated with our animation software. 

 

 

On Sun, Aug 9, 2020 at 1:38 AM Hemen Parekh <hcp@recruitguru.com> wrote:

Dear Adam,

 

Many thanks for your prompt reply

 

Is it possible to launch some avatar right away and later up-grade to “ photo real “ ?

 

If yes , then I request you to tell me how to proceed to create one – and how to share it with my old sisters

 

Will such avatar use content from www.hemenparekh.in  , to tell “ my story “ ?

 

Incidentally , on my Youtube Channel , there are some 636 of my poem recitations ( my own poems in 3 languages ) , each averaging 2 minutes , in my own voice and my facial expressions

 

Do I need to make you any payment ? If so , do let me know

With regards,

 

Hemen

 

From: Adam Zheng [mailto:adam@oben.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 9, 2020 1:46 PM
To: Hemen Parekh
Subject: Re: Downloading of PAI app

 

Dear Heman,

If you need a photo real avatar made from your selfie, we will have this solution launched in the later half this year. Pls wait for our update. 

 

On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 3:26 AM Hemen Parekh <hcp@recruitguru.com> wrote:

Dear Adam,

 

Even as I await your response , I thought following news report which I just came across , might interest you :

 

U.S. company offers at-home hologram machines

https://in.news.yahoo.com/u-company-offers-home-hologram-093203912.html

 

Regards,

 

hemen

 

From: Hemen Parekh [mailto:hcp@recruitguru.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2020 2:37 PM
To: 'Adam Zheng'; 'Lisa Wang'
Subject: RE: Downloading of PAI app

 

Dear Adam,

 

Let me know if you need any further clarification

 

Will this ( avatar ) be a hologram or a 3D image on a mobile screen ?

 

Do I ( and my sisters ) need any special smart phone ?

 

If hologram, how do I project it ?

 

Regards,

 

hemen

 

From: Hemen Parekh [mailto:hcp@recruitguru.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 1, 2020 8:58 AM
To: Adam Zheng; Lisa Wang
Subject: RE: Downloading of PAI app

 

Dear Adam,

 

 

Many thanks for your prompt response

 

As mentioned in my earlier email , I am old ( completed 87 years a month ago ) and not keeping very well ( in my house, I am able to walk around with a walking stick ). I have 2 older sisters ( aged 92 and 94 ) in towns 500 km away , who I cannot visit. One of them is bed-ridden for past 4 years

 

If I can create my virtual avatar, may be , I could be sitting next to their beds and sing some songs which we used to sing together, as children

 

That apart , on my personal blogging site ( www.hemenparekh.in ), I have uploaded some 20,000 + notes / reports ( many, handwritten ) which I wrote to my professional colleagues , over the past 60 years . These describe my thoughts / guidelines / suggestions / instructions etc ., on how to carry-out their jobs

 

Besides these , on this site, I have also uploaded :

 

Ø   600 + handwritten letters sent to me by my family-members / relatives / friends etc., over 50 years

 

Ø  650 + video recitation of poems ( in 3 languages, including English ) that I have written over past 75 years

 

 

Ø  2100 + blogs ( all in English ) containing my suggestions for reforms ( political + social + economic ). Most are sent as E Mails to our Central Government Cabinet Ministers – and quite a few , have been implemented as well

 

Ø  Of special interest to you might be , my blogs on beneficial use of AI to save humanity from terrorism – militancy – violence ( I can send the links if so desired )

 

 

Ø  In the meantime , in your video interview ( as well as video interview of Nikhil ) , there  was mention about use of PAI project for :

 

#  Online Avatar to counsel people suffering from depression ( role of psycho-

    therapists ) . For this, pl look up :

 

              Share - Your - Soul / Outsourcing Unlimited   [  24 July 2016 ]

 

In the following blog,

 

        Video Interviewing  [  12 May 2018 ]

 

 

you will also find links to blogs describing detailed construction of an online portal which will capture online Interview Questions / Answers ( millions of them ) of thousands of Recruiters and Jobseekers and ( using AI ) create VIRTUAL ,

 

#   Recruiter Agents

#   Jobseeker Agents

 

I hope , I have been able to answer your question, satisfactorily

No comments:

Post a Comment