Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 23 January 2024

ATTN : SHRI SOHINDER GILL ( SMEV )

 Dear Shri Sohinder Gillji,

 

 

 

I just came across following news :

 

Impose green cess on polluting vehicles to support EVs: SMEV ( Society for Manufacture of Electric Vehicles )

 

https://lnkd.in/eBPJ_c6

 

 

Extract :

 

 

"We strongly advocate the imposition of a notional green cess on the polluting vehicles and use it to accelerate electric mobility," SMEV Director General Sohinder Gill said in a statement.

 

 

Congratulations for your very practical suggestion

 

In this regard, I have sent following blogs ( as emails ) to our Cabinet Ministers / NITI Aayog etc :

 

 

Transport : an Integrated Logistic Plan ?               [  20  Nov  2018  ]

 

 

National Clean Air Tax ? – a Pigovian tax ?             [  11  Jan  2019  ]

 

 

Pigovian Tax for Polluters ?                                      [  03  April  2019  ]

 

Traffic Congestion ? Finally, a solution in sight ?  [  31  May  2019  ]

 

Now that you have suggested “ Green Cess “ , I hope the Policy Makers will realize its long term / beneficial environment impact

 

With regards,

 

Hemen Parekh

 

hcp@RecruitGuru.com

 

www.hemenparekh.in

No comments:

Post a Comment