Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 10 November 2011

Setting standards for mobile advertising


Dear Siddharth


In my email yesterday, I spoke of a scenario where Kamala clicks ( touches ) Hitachi’s advt for air conditioners on “ My Jobs “ widget , and immediately, a Hitachi sales person phones her

This can be extended as follows :

Ø Hitachi registers as an Employer on www.CustomizeResume.com

Ø As soon as Kamala views Hitachi’s advt (  any advt ), our web server emails to Hitachi, complete / structured resume database of Kamala

Ø Using “ Contact Info “ contained in the resume, Hitachi’s marketing department can undertake, one or more of the following follow-up action

·        SMS / Email to Kamala, contact details of a few Hitachi product users in the immediate neighborhood of Kamala’s address, for getting user-opinions of their products

·        Email to her, a link to a web site where Kamala can find “ Product / Price Comparisons “ of various makes of air conditioners. Such transparency / openness will create in Kamala’s mind, a feeling of “ trust “ in Hitachi

·        Direct Kamala, to some online chat-forum of users of air conditioners ( may be even Hitachi air conditioners ! )

·        Email to Kamala, contact details of Hitachi Dealer nearest to her home

·        Ask that dealer to phone Kamala

·        Send her birthday card / new year calendar

·        Send her Product literature / circulars / Contest details



Obviously this is not a comprehensive list of Hitachi’s marketing initiatives

Will Google AdWord “ enable “ Hitachi to convert a casual viewer of online / mobile advt into a life-long / satisfied customer ? – and that too , by spending, may be Rs 10/- ?

It is about time our teams co-operate in a way that , together, we succeed in setting “ New Rules of Mobile Advertising “

This should be possible as soon as HP Labs manage to solve some technical problems and enable mobile advt on “ My Jobs “ widget V 2.0

Regards

hemen


No comments:

Post a Comment