Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 3 November 2011

RE: JAM Ad's related


Dear Geetha

Many thanks for your prompt and encouraging response.

I will entirely follow your advice / suggestion, to ensure launch of Phase # 1 by 17th Nov

Since this issue beyond my grasp, I am requesting Shuklendu ( Sentient Systems - who develop / maintain my web site ), to study your suggestions and implement the same as soon as possible

In case he needs any clarifications, I hope it would be in order for him to talk to Revathi

In implementing " My Jobs " widget, my goal is the same what you state on SiteOnMobile web site, viz:

" Expand to new users who even don’t know what internet is ... "

Millions of jobseekers in remote corners of India fall under this category. In absence of Internet, they are deprived of job related info. Our common goal is to provide them with a level-playing field vis-à-vis their city-based counterparts

On this path, I am proud to be a partner of HP Labs !

Regards

hemen



-----Original Message-----
From: Manjunath, Geetha (HP Labs India) [mailto:geetha.manjunath@hp.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 12:28 AM
To: Hemen Parekh
Cc: Team SiteonMobile
Subject: JAM Ad's related

Dear Mr. Hemanji,
  It was nice talking to you this evening.

  As discussed, your idea of enabling product Ad's related to Job Ad's is a very good one!  I would definitely encourage you to work with OnMobi (or other ad provider) to insert Ad's on customizeresume homepage. Everytime a user comes to your portal to register or check jobs, it will hit the eyeballs.

  Now about inserting the Ad;s within Android JAM widget, as I mentioned, it will be challenging to pick the ad's inserted by onMobi on your portal and display on our widget. In fact, as mentioned, we have a couple of patents in displaying website Ad's within a Widget, and have seen some issues that can creep up when multiple users are accessing the webpage. Though we have that solution as a prototype in our lab, I would not advice it to be integrated into the first version and destabilize the main functionality of the JAM widget.  There may be other ways such as directly contacting onMobi from the widget, etc - which may be simpler.. We can definitely look at that feature in the next version.

 However to start with, we can provide a variant of the above feature as follows. Alongwith the details of every JobAd, if you can insert a link to page that has the ad's related to the JobId (this is done by changing your portal page that displays the Job Detail), then we will be able to show the ad's related to every JobAd. The nice thing with this approach is that it does not hamper the functionality of the widget and more importantnly, this change can be done, even AFTER we release the first version of the widget - since all the changes needed for ad insertion in this second method are only on your portal.

  Hope we can follow the second approach mentioned above, and ensure that the Nov 15th version is reasonably stable. 

Thanks and Regards
Geetha

No comments:

Post a Comment