Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 9 November 2011

AdSharp Eco-System


Dear Siddharth



Sure, I will phone you tomorrow morning at 10:30 am

As far as what we are together trying to do, nothing explains it better than following personal experience :

Some 30 years ago, on my 5 week long business tour, I took the last flight to Mumbai from Singapore

As soon as I settled in my seat, air-hostess came with a cart and started offering me some non-veg items for breakfast

I turned down one item after another

Superviser Girl who was watching the air-hostess, immediately chided her, by saying,

“ Helen, don’t you know that Mr Parekh is a vegetarian ? Please offer him some vegetarian breakfast ! “

I was stunned !

Of course, my travel agent had filled in “ Vegetarian “ as my food preference while booking my tickets some 8 weeks earlier, but, out of 5 airlines only that supervisor of Singapore Air took pains to carefully look up the passenger list and remember that I am a vegetarian.

In last 30 years, I must have told this story 30 times to people I know

No one can figure out how much more business Singapore Air got out of this simple acting upon info which all airlines possessed

Now consider following scenario :

One of our registered candidate, Kamala is looking at a product advt of Hitachi air conditioner on her tablet, using “ My Jobs “ widget ( Version 2.0 )

Suddenly her mobile rings and a voice says,

“ Hello Kamala, I am Sudhir speaking from Hitachi. Can I help you with some more info on our latest air conditioners ? We even have an installment plan , etc “

I feel Kamala , even if she does not buy a Hitachi air conditioner, will tell this story to 10 friends in the course of the day !

And, to provide such an experience to Kamala, does not call for rocket-science !

Our web server knows ,

Ø Job Id of Hitachi advt being shown on Kamala’s tablet screen

Ø Kamala’s mobile no ( even her Skype ID – if she has provided in her registration )

I suppose it cannot be too difficult to pass on these info to Hitachi’s sales person ( or their call center ), within seconds and automatically.
Now, this is something that Google’s AdWord cannot do !

This is just one part

Our server can create a database of ALL the product/service advts that Kamala ever “ clicked open “ thru My Jobs widget (   V 2.0 )

Soon we would have her “ Preference Profile “ – and which keeps getting better and better, with info on her “ latest quarter / current “ preferences as well

This profile would go a long way for InMobi to target very precise product ads to Kamala – resulting in a CTR of 10 % or more

We are already compiling such a “ history “ of Job Advts that Kamala is looking at on our web site at “ Job Suggest “ page

With regards

hemen



No comments:

Post a Comment