Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 28 January 2017

RE: Hope you and Bharathi are doing well!


Dear Vani and Sri

It is getting ever more difficult with advances of technology

Last week I got a new All-in-one HP desktop and it took me last 30 minutes to find your mail , so that I can reply !

Any way , we were thrilled that you called up 2 days back

We were sorry to learn about your ill health but glad that you are normal once again

We are both keeping alright except that Bharati , now finds it difficult to climb stairs unaided , although we do go out for a 20 minute morning walk daily

In evening , I try to walk for 40 / 50 minutes within our drawing hall

Nowadays , I visit office , once in 15 days for a couple of hours but do spend 4 / 5 hours on internet , every morning , writing my blogs and sending out emails to Policy Makers of Central / State Governments , re political / social / economic reforms , urgently required

I am glad that you would pass on my email ID to V Srinivasan . You can also give him my mobile no 98,67,55,08,08

I look forward to hearing from him when he visits India

Next month , all members of Parekh Family ( 3 generations , totalling some 70 people ) , will get together at our native village Vadia , for inauguration of a new school in the names of my parents



Warm Regards,

Hemen Parekh

+91 98675 50808


From: Srinivasa Ratnam [mailto:vanisri1@outlook.com]
Sent: 04 December 2016 10:14
To: Mr. H.C. Parekh
Subject: Hope you and Bharathi are doing well!
Importance: High

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Parekh,
It has been quite sometime since I wrote to you. I tender my apologies for this.
Hope you both and your family are doing well.

2016 has been a mixed bag, with respect to my health.
I went through a series of health issues- some major and others minor- occurring one at a time in a serial fashion.
The most severe one was the compressed lumbar disc, causing tremendous pain and immobility even when I walked a few yards.
I was using a walking stick.
With expert weekly Physical therapy and chiropractic treatments, plus performing rigorous swimming workouts, I am just now back to normal after almost a six month ordeal.
I am completely back to normal and am active once again.

Arjan Vachani (AVV) is just 10 miles away from us. He recently had some health setbacks but is doing well now. We usually meet Arjan and Kalpana about once a month in a Bhajan group.

Just today, Vani and I met another one of L&T alums- V Srinivasan (1966-1968)- in a wedding. He requested for your and Mr. Ramakrishna's Email ID's. He told us he and his wife are planning to visit India sometime by end of this year and would like to contact you. I plan to Email him your Email ID shortly. Just want to keep you informed.

Vani and I often talk fondly about you both and the nice time we had with you enjoying your company during our last India visit. We also review the pictures we took with you and Mr. and Mrs. Ramakrishna.

In spite of our infrequent communications, we want you to know you both are very precious to us and we wish you both a very happy and healthy life.
Please write to us whenever you have some time.

With affectionate regards,
Sri & Vani Ratnam (PCSR)


No comments:

Post a Comment