Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 21 January 2024

Layout of Poems

 Dear Jayesh,

 

 

Ø I have asked my colleague, Sanjivani, to rearrange all the poems in reverse chronological order – latest ( most recent ) at the front and oldest at the back

 

Reason :

 

Poems written by me 60 / 70 years ago ( when I was a child ), obviously lack, both , the maturity and the imagery !

 

When I wrote any poem ( then and even now ), the only compulsion was to express myself . I never thought of publishing !

 

But , now that we are on way to print hard-copies which may get distributed , we must think of the readers as well

 

Ø Sanjivani has already re-arranged the English poems and will email soft copy to Vishesh , anytime now. Rearrangement of Gujarati and Hindi poems should get over by tomorrow evening

 

Ø As far as the layout is concerned, I have following suggestion :

 

 

 

Maia Is a Breeze

 

 

Maia

Our little  Fairy,


Who likes to fly 

Perched atop the wings
Of a summer Swallow  ;

with hair blowing in the breeze 

And eyes gleaming in the sun  ;

But before she takes to sky

She likes to run 
A mini marathon ;

She is not the one

To miss a chance
To jump with joy 
on a trampoline 
and

perchance , on Dadu's back !
Maia ,

Is a breeze 

that flows through the flute
of our shriveled selves
- a tune 
of everlasting bliss


 

 



Mumbai                                                                                                   01  Feb  2018

 

===================================================

 

The idea is to distribute the “ white space “ ( on the printed page ), equally on the left and the right , with text in the center – and without disturbing the breaks between the stanzas / lines

 

As far as the border and the fonts ( size and type ) is concerned, you are the best judge

 

Before the index page, please insert a page titled :

 

 

                                            Dedicated To

 

To my wife, Bharati who, in the course of life’s journey, has stood by me for the past 60 years , and who has been a source of strength through all its ups and downs

 

                                                        17 Nov 2019 ( Our 60th wedding anniversary )

 

 

 

 

If there are any questions , feel free to phone me 98,67,55,08,08

 

With regards,

 

Hemen Masa

No comments:

Post a Comment