Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 20 January 2012

Our Next Android App


Dear Siddharth


This has ref to our telecom , this morning

As mentioned , we are in the process of developing our next Android-based App , “  RESUME  BLASTER  “

Ever since I launched  our job portal 2 years back , we had this feature / functionality online at   Blast Your Resume

Over this period , our server has delivered ( FREE ), some 2,68,283 resumes to approx 59,000 employers / recruiters

But I always asked myself :

What about those millions of jobseekers located in regions of India with nil / negligible broadband penetration ?

They cannot access my job portal or for that matter , any other job portal

That makes them , “ Non-Consumers “ of job related info

They do not have a “ level playing field “ vis-à-vis their city-based cousins

RESUME  BLASTER  widget will enable them to forward their resumes to these 59,000 employers , directly from their smart phones ! And FREE too !

Here I am particularly thinking of some 3.6 Million fresh graduates coming out of the colleges of India every year ( - nearly 10,000 / day ! ) – 90 % of whom are struggling to find a job – ANY job , anywhere , with any company , in any industry , at any salary , and any designation!

Even those amongst these 36 lakhs who are “ Employable “, - how can they “ announce “ their “ existence “ to 59,000 Corporates ?

I think  RESUME  BLASTER  will give them this opportunity

May be , someday , we will enable jobseekers from any part of the world to be able to blast their resumes to employers in any other part of the world – and FREE

I am acutely conscious that Resume Blaster cannot / will not create more jobs

But it will greatly help the owners of smart phones

Regards

hemen  



No comments:

Post a Comment