Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 11 June 2018

Solar Roof for Vehicles


Dear Shri Sunil Rathiji,

Read your interview with Business Line ( 07 June )

Here , you gave a few examples of Lithium-ion Batteries of vehicles being powered by their own Solar Panel rooftop

You talk about the high cost of flexible modules ( 80 cents ) – 2 / 3 times higher than the PV modules

But, if all vehicles were to be entirely powered by Solar Roofs , I think these prices would come down drastically !

As far back as May 2017 , ISRO had demonstrated a OMNI van with solar roof top , powering a very small Lithium-ion battery

If that is adopted by all vehicle manufacturers, there may not be need for road-side battery charging stations !

Of course , Ashok Leyland is working on Metal-Air Battery ( www.Phinergy.com ) , which too , may not need recharging

You may want to peruse :




With Regards,

hemen  parekh 
( M ) +91 - 98,67,55,08,08


No comments:

Post a Comment