Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 18 April 2018

SAVING 2200 PRE-MATURE DEATHS EVERY YEAR


Dr D V Giri

Pro – Tech , Alamo , CA

Adjunct Prof , Dept of ECE , University of Mexico (  www.dvgiri.com  )




Dear Dr Giri,


You may be in a position to save the lives of some 2,200 persons who die each year by getting run-over by the local trains in Mumbai , while crossing the tracks on foot


In the last 10 years , some 22,289 persons lost their lives this way


For more than a year , I have written to the Railway Minister to examine my following suggestion on how to save those lives


Following are those emails


In short , I have suggested :


Along the tracks , at every 100 meters , mount on some pole ( on both sides of the track ) , a small black box , containing ( among other electronics / CCTV camera / GPS etc ) ,

A LOW POWERED  EMP DEVICE



As  soon as a jay walker approaches the track , this EMP will send out a pulse which will fry the electronics of the smart phone in his pocket ( without causing any injury to the person concerned )


I call this :  A  DIGITAL  DEATH


If this can be pulled off , that news will go viral and no one will venture near the tracks any more !


Is this possible  ?


If you think it is, then I would sit in a “ hunger strike “ ( although, I am close to 85 ) , till Shri Piyush Goyalji ( our Railway Minister  /  ) agrees to meet me




With Regards,

hemen  parekh 
( M ) +91 - 98,67,55,08,08









No comments:

Post a Comment