Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 25 March 2017

RE: FW: Just Curious


Sumir,

It is not so much about my “ past experiences “ that I want to write about , even though , some of those might still be relevant in 2017

But those “ experiences “ have taught me a lot about how human nature responds to problems

I believe , even at the cost of loss of privacy ( of a few million advocates of personal privacy ), how we should leverage modern technology to solve the fundamental problems faced by BILLIONS of poor / starving / deprived / oppressed people

To me , finding food to starving millions / giving roof to millions sleeping on sidewalks / saving millions dying premature death from preventable diseases etc , always takes precedence over privacy concerns of a few !

As for my association with Internet , it is true , it goes back to ( may be ) 1995 , when I started designing www.3pJobs.com ( which got launched on 14 Nov 1997 ) . Before that , I had enabled Corporate to access my Candidate Database , through a “ Dial Up “ intra-net phone line !


Warm Regards,

Batuk Kaka

+91 98675 50808

From: Sumir Meghani [mailto:sumir@instawork.com]
Sent: 23 March 2017 21:37
To: Hemen Parekh
Subject: Re: FW: Just Curious

Hemen Uncle,

When you say " I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?, what do you mean? Do you mean you have so much to say based on the experiences you have thoughout your life and career?

I am very impressed that you blog so much and are so active online. Seems like you have been during Internet things for a very long time.

- Sumir

Sumir Meghani
Co-Founder & CEO / Instawork

Local Businesses Love Instawork

"Hiring is hard and time consuming, with Instawork we get qualified candidates without any admin, so we get to focus on fit." Derek Dukes, Owner, Lazy Bear

Instawork is easy -- really easy. I tell them what I need and qualified candidates show up at my door immediately." Phil West, Executive Chef and Co-Owner, Range

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 10:30 PM, Hemen Parekh <hcp@recruitguru.com> wrote:
Sumir,

Thanks for invite but these days , I rarely travel outside of Mumbai

A fortnight back , most of the extended Parekh family did get together at Vadia village , where we just started a school for middle level classes .

It boasts of a library room named , “ Meghani Granthalaya “ and also has a computer lab with 15 PCs and internet

Abul might have told you that I retired from L&T in 1990 , after working for 31 years

Thereafter , I sat up 3P Consultants ( a headhunting firm ) – which is being looked after by my younger son Nirmit , for the past 15 years

I got interested in online recruitment and launched www.3pJobs.com ( later remade as 3pConsultants.co.in ) , in Nov 1997 ( some 11 months before Google got launched officially )

Over the next 12 years , I launched – and de-hosted :

www.RecruitGuru.com ( the resume parsing engine )

www.World-Wide-Jobs.com ( delivering job alerts as SMS and apply online – also thru SMS )

www.GlobalRecruiter.net ( you can see this even though non-functional )

www.IndiaRecruiter.net ( same as above )


Around 2010 , I launched… www.CustomizeResume.com ( although I do not pay any attention )

Then in 2013 , I launched ,,, www.B2BmessageBlaster.com ( same as above )

I am trying to sell these off !

What keeps me busy these days is my personal blogging site…..www.hemenparekh.in .. where I post , one blog every day ( see today’s .. Not a day too soon  )


Over the past few years , I have prepared exhaustive notes ( including U/I and logic ) for :

OnlineJobsFair

ResumesExchange

Then there is the pending job of uploading ( on my personal web site ) some 10,000 pages of handwritten notes ( on the subject of Online Recruitment Portals Development ) that I have sent to my colleagues , over the past 27 years ! May be 2000 have been uploaded by now !

Incidentally , with just one girl in the office helping with my personal web site , I rarely visit my office



Warm Regards,

Hemen Parekh



From: Sumir Meghani [mailto:sumir@instawork.com]
Sent: 11 March 2017 09:59

To: Hemen Parekh
Subject: Re: FW: Just Curious

Hi Hemen Uncle,

Are you still working or are you retired now? Seems like you have many projects going! I would very much like to meet you, please come to California.

Instawork (my company) is focused on helping small businesses hire. In the US, these businesses usually use a sign on the window to find people, so we think there is a major untapped opportunity here. We're also using mobile phones to fill these jobs quickly.

What are your hobbies? How do you spend your free time?

- Sumir

Sumir Meghani
Co-Founder & CEO / Instawork

Local Businesses Love Instawork

"Hiring is hard and time consuming, with Instawork we get qualified candidates without any admin, so we get to focus on fit." Derek Dukes, Owner, Lazy Bear

Instawork is easy -- really easy. I tell them what I need and qualified candidates show up at my door immediately." Phil West, Executive Chef and Co-Owner, Range

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 6:34 PM, Hemen Parekh <hcp@recruitguru.com> wrote:
Sumir,

I can only imagine the fast pace of your work . In my times , life was less competitive !

I have no plan to visit USA but do let me know if you plan to visit India

As far as “ Resume Parsing “ is concerned , it is only a tiny fraction of my specifications for,

OnlineJobsFair ( concept note attached with my last mail ) , development of which  in itself , is not a big deal

My friend and ex-colleague , Kartavya (  of ATIDAN – ) estimates that it may take 4 / 5 months and cost approx. Rs 2 crore

But it has the potential to disrupt the online recruitment industry !

The real effort – and money – lies in being able to market it aggressively

I hope you got a chance to go thru that PPT carefully

If there are any questions, feel free to write





Warm Regards,

Batuk Kaka



From: Sumir Meghani [mailto:sumir@instawork.com]
Sent: 09 March 2017 22:37

To: Hemen Parekh
Subject: Re: FW: Just Curious

Hi Hemen Uncle,

I am sorry for the delay in responding to you. It's been very hectic here.

Do you have plans to visit the US?

In terms of resume parsing, we're not quite there yet.

Best,
Sumir

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 8:06 PM, Hemen Parekh <hcp@recruitguru.com> wrote:
Sumir,

Just when I was about to give up , I searched my “ junk mail “ box and found your reply yesterday !

Hope you are having a great time with Mom and Dad

Since you are in the Online Recruitment space , you might like the attached Conceptual Framework for Online Jobs Fair ( on which , I have spent many years )

[ Kartavya Chitalia is son of a friend and worked as my CTO many years back to develop a Resume Parsing engine , RecruitGuru . ]

If you want to pursue that , I will be happy to help


Warm Regards,

Batuk Kaka








From: Sumir Meghani [mailto:sumir@instawork.com]
Sent: 17 February 2017 23:19
To: Hemen Parekh
Subject: Re: FW: Just Curious

Hi Kaka, yes, I got your email. Thank you for sending. Nice to meet you and hope you are well. Let's chat sometime. Mom and Dad are at home with us right now!

Sumir Meghani
Co-Founder & CEO / Instawork

Local Businesses Love Instawork

"Hiring is hard and time consuming, with Instawork we get qualified candidates without any admin, so we get to focus on fit." Derek Dukes, Owner, Lazy Bear

Instawork is easy -- really easy. I tell them what I need and qualified candidates show up at my door immediately." Phil West, Executive Chef and Co-Owner, Range

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 4:23 AM, Hemen Parekh <hcp@recruitguru.com> wrote:



Warm Regards,

Hemen Parekh

From: Hemen Parekh [mailto:hcp@recruitguru.com]
Sent: 16 February 2017 17:49
To: contact@instawork.co
Subject: Just Curious

Dear Sumir,

Have you received my earlier emails ?

Batuk Kaka


( M ) +91 - 98,67,55,08,08






No comments:

Post a Comment