Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 25 November 2010

RE: HApPY tHANks...GIVING!


Dear Geeta

Thank you for this lovely message.

If I were to make a list of things for which I am grateful in this life, then it would read quite similar to your list !

Bharati is still visiting Cooper Hospital every Thursday ( today ) for the last 34 years and looks after the needy patients ( medicines etc ).

Elder grand-daughter, Anokhee will marry David Lingwood of Scarborough ( UK ) on 29th Jan and will move to UK.

Younger grand-daughter, Aneree will go to York Uni. next September for further studies.

With regards ( and keep writing ),

hemendrabhai



From: Geeta Vora [mailto:geetavora52@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2010 8:09 AM
To: geeta vora
Subject: HApPY tHANks...GIVING!

Namaste My Friends,
 
In the spirit of Thanksgiving here in the USA, focusing on gratitude this week (and beyond) seems appropriate. If you’re putting a lot of attention on stress, fear, anger, sadness, or pain about anything in your life you might be missing out on celebrating all that you have that is meaningfull and brings richness to you life.
We can get so caught up in the day-to-day activities and details of our lives that we forget to slooooooooow down and look around at all that is right with us and in the world.
So, stop for a moment. Take a deep breath and count your blessings, gifts, and miracles that enrich your life. Celebrate every one of them no matter how small. When you add them all up, you might be surprised at how rich you truly are even if your bank account isn’t as flush as you’d like it to be.
A successful life requires ongoing growth, and gratitude ensures growth. Gratitude heightens awareness and expands your interaction with the world. Once gratitude becomes part of your nature you begin to see the connections between your success and creature comforts, and the talents and contributions of others.
Pause for a moment and begin to think of the connections between people and you will immediately understand how important a role gratitude plays in the creation of a happy, productive life. We live in a world where we have much to be grateful for if we would just stop and look around. It’s quite humbling to think of all the roles that complete strangers play in our daily existence. The sheer ingenuity and effort required of others is one of the most compelling reasons why we must make gratitude a daily practice.
 
My list?
Here are 8 blessings I’m grateful for:
1. Incredible family and friends who unconditionally love me no matter how I show up, boost me up when I’m shaky, and kick my butt when I’m dancing around things.
2. My home. I’ve created a nurturing environment that is comforting, cozy and tranquil.
3. Living the life that is totally purpose driven and LOVING it.
4. My two darling DAUGHTERS (Anjali & Reena), SON-IN-LAW (Jaison) and FUTURE SON-IN-LAW (Todd) who make me laugh and tickle my heartstrings every day. They are four of my  greatest teachers.
5. All the gifts, blessings, and miracles that flow into my life every day, desired and undesired.
6. Nature in all of it’s beauty and abilities to bring instant peace, calm, healing and rejuvenating.
7. My relationship with the Creator of All That Is that brings me back to remembering who I am.
8. Lastly, for all of you who take the trouble to read my articles.
 
What’s on your list? I have attached a wonderful assessment of our blessings.
With thanks and appreciation….
As Always,
Reaching out to make a difference....
Geeta
Thoughts To Ponder:
1. THANKS—GIVING
One Sunday, at the discourse at my temple, I learned a new perspective of the meaning of the word Thanksgiving. It has twofold meaning when we separate it in two words…thanks and giving. Hence, for me it is the DAY of thanks and giving. We give thanks for all that we have received, are receiving and will receive and then we put action to this gratitude by giving and sharing of our bounty with others.  It is not enough to acknowledge the gifts we have received but we need to share the bounty.
2. Give Thanks because this time of year is a wonderful time to transform difficulties into insights and conflicts into genuine communication.
3. “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow”…Melody Beattie
4. “To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven”…Johannes A. Gurtner



No comments:

Post a Comment