Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 10 October 2013

FW: Congratulations


FYI

From: Suneet Singh Tuli [mailto:suneet@datawind.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:49 AM
To: Hemen Parekh
Cc: amit.goyal@datawind.com
Subject: RE: Congratulations

Dear Hemen,
I’m back in India next week, and will be discussing status and strategy with Amit at that time and we’ll revert back to you soon thereafter.
Regards,
Suneet


From: Hemen Parekh [mailto:hcp@recruitguru.com]
Sent: June-12-13 10:12 PM
To: suneet@datawind.com
Cc: amit.goyal@datawind.com
Subject: FW: Congratulations

Dear Suneet

I know , a lot of things must keep you busy
So , I will await your favorable decision on my request

Regards
hemen

From: Suneet Singh Tuli [mailto:suneet@datawind.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 9:51 AM
To: Hemen Parekh; amit.goyal@datawind.com
Cc: shuklendu.baji@sentientsystems.net
Subject: RE: Congratulations

Thank you for your kind comments.
I’ll revert back on the other items shortly.
Regards,
Suneet


From: Hemen Parekh [mailto:hcp@recruitguru.com]
Sent: June-05-13 12:02 AM
To: suneet@datawind.com; amit.goyal@datawind.com
Cc: shuklendu.baji@sentientsystems.net
Subject: Congratulations

 Dear Suneet

I just came across these articles
Congratulations on sustaining the steady progress and market leadership
I have no doubt more exciting days are ahead !
http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/industry-and-economy/info-tech/tablet-shipments-in-q1-grows-159-cmr/article4781547.ece
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/tech/hardware/aakash-maker-datawind-tops-indias-tablet-market-micromax-apple-follow/articleshow/20430183.cms
regards
hemen

PS:

I look forward to your favorable response to my following request ( dt 23 May ) , considering that during the last 18 months ( since launch of My Jobs ) , all that we have earned till date is ,
$ 2.82
You can check this out by login at ….  InMobi > Publisher > Ad Network ,  ……. using :
Ø User Id  =  hcp@RecruitGuru.com
Ø Password  =  hemendra



 Dear Amit

Our mobile Apps / My Jobs / Resume Blaster

This has reference to telecom that Nitin ( Sentient Systems ) had with you last week re this matter
I also discussed this with Shuklendu / Nitin when I visited their office yesterday
Based on this , the following is suggested :

Ø My Jobs

           As you are aware , this app was developed by HP Labs – Bangalore , based upon their proprietary Tasklet Technology
          It was partially dependent on their Cloud Server in USA
         A few weeks back , we were advised that , HP Labs-India operations are being wound up and the engineers being re-allocated to HP’s other divisions
         Also that they will not be able to support My Jobs for more than a few weeks
        In light of this development , we are left with no choice other than re-developing My Jobs entirely on our own – and without using Tasklet Technology
       We have thought of converting this sad news into an opportunity !
       By combining both the apps ( My Jobs and recently launched Resume Blaster ) into a single app – with some advanced user-friendly features
      We expect this combined app to be ready by Oct / Nov 2013

Ø Integrating with Airpush SDK

We appreciate your suggestion that we integrate our Apps ( current app “ Resume Blaster “ as also future combined App ) with Airpush SDK to earn higher revenue, which will accrue due to Airpush’s CPM model , as opposed to InMobi’s CTR model
We believe you have such SDK for integration , with the condition that you will share with us 50% of the revenue that you earn thru our apps
You will earn this revenue from apps-usage by users of Ubislate tablets
Whereas I have no issue with this arrangement suggested by you , I wish to bring to your notice the following facts :

·        In last 30 months , Datawind has shipped out 500,000 + Ubislate tablets , duly pre-loaded with My Jobs to the retail ( non-government ) market

·        Despite this , there is neither any awareness / nor any real usage of My Jobs by Datawind Customers

                  In this 30 months , all that RecruitGuru has earned in its InMobi Account is less than $ 2 / -

·        We also managed to convince Swipe Telecom and Teracom to pre-load My Jobs on all their products. Even this has not helped

·        We have sent out some 30 lakh promo emails to our database of 47 lakh jobseekers – to no avail

·        Now that My Jobs , in its current AVATAR will soon die , we have stopped promoting it and instead started promoting Resume Blaster

           Personally for me , last 2 years have been the most frustrating years of my entire career , spanning 54 years !
          May be we erred somewhere , but I am determined not to give up
          And considering all these facts ,  I have agreed to share with Sentient Systems , 25 % of whatever I earn in future from all the apps
That means , from the 50 % that Datawind will pass on to me , 12.5 % will go to Shuklendu , leaving only 37.5% for RecruitGuru
Then there could be similar revenue-sharing demands from other tablet / smart phone manufacturers !
Then the whole effort becomes unviable !

In light of the foregoing , I would request you to reconsider the aspect of revenue share from Resume Blaster ( immediately ) and from the Combined App by Oct
Entirely foregoing your 50% share will not even make a tiny dent in Datawind”s overall revenue , whereas , for me and Shuklendu , it will determine whether we continue with such development or not !

Awaiting your early – and favorable reply ,
With regards

Hemen Parekh



No comments:

Post a Comment