Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 2 October 2011

Perfecting the product


Shuklendu  /  Nitin  /  Hardik



Yesterday I tried MY JOBS widget 3 times but , got a message “ process failed “ ( something like that ) after waiting for a long time

This morning, I tried again. After a few minutes, I saw a job advt and tapped “ Apply “ .

In the STATISTICS page, my Apply has NOT registered ! May be my resume never got emailed to the concerned advertiser .

Whereas, there can be many invalid email ids in “ Resume Blast “ database, it is very very unlikely that a email ID in what is a “ Current / live “ job advt, could be wrong .

Chances are that this is some problem with the process itself !

We must test all the processes again and again and again till everything works like a clock-work. Even if our launch date gets postponed.

When I meet you all ( on Tuesday, if Hardik completes those 3 new pages ), I will leave my smart phone with you for testing.

You may keep it for as long as you need

Another aspect that needs VERY thorough testing is :

Our counter shows  46,99,900  resumes

We know that only about 2000 [ less than o.o5 percent ? ] are candidates who came online and registered on our site. Rest of the records are uploaded by us

Now, what if , for some reason [ eg ; not enough data in those uploaded records to “ match “ with any Current jobs ] , there are NO matching jobs for 46,99, 000

In the  ” Job Alerts Summary “   page ?

In that case , these 99.999 percent of the candidates [ who act upon our promo email ], will get / see following message on their mobile screen :

“ Sorry ! There are no matching jobs for you. Please try again after editing / enhancing your resume on www.CustomizeResume.com  “

[ pl check this message is stored in database ]

That would be a plain and simple DISASTER ! End of widgets ! Even end of our web site !

On the other hand , if 99.999 percent of these candidates get to see , even 3 or 4 jobs when they touch icon, the news will spread like wild-fire !

An unstoppable TSUNAMI of viral buzz will start by word of mouth and thru SMSes flying all over !

So, we need to know, - and before launch – how many candidates have in their “ Job Alert Summary “ page:

Ø “ Zero “  jobs ……………..No of candidates

Ø “ One “ job………………….No of candidates

Ø “ Two “ jobs ……………………No of candidates

Ø So on until “ 50 jobs “ [ our internally imposed limit ]

Such a Frequency distribution should , hopefully, come out Normal

I presume, you can extract such data from the back-end and show me

Regards

hcp













No comments:

Post a Comment