Monday, 14 January 2019

Your Press Release re ALA CARTE selection of TV Channels


Shri Anil Kumar Bhardwaj-ji  (011- 23237922 )

Shri Arvind Kumarji  (  011-23220209  )


Dear Sirs,

I refer to your following Press Release :


It reads :

Consumer has complete freedom to choose their desired 100 Standard Definition (SD) channels within the network capacity fee of maximum Rs.130 I-.

The desired channels could be in A-Ia-carte Free to Air channels or Pay channels or bouquet of pay channels or any combination thereof.


The choice completely rests with the consumers.


I tried to reach you over the phone but could not ( busy / temporarily disconnected )

I have 2 tv connections from TATA SKY at my residence in ANDHERI – MUMBAI , for which , I have been ( so far ) forced to pay about Rs 14,000 per year – as a result of having to select certain BOUQUETS of channels – whether I needed all or not !


Hence, I am extremely thankful to TRAI for this PRESS  RELEASE , which enables me to select INDIVIDUAL TV CHANNELS of my choice , instead of entire BOUQETS


Unfortunately , upon visiting web site of TATA SKY just now , I found that there is no provision for ALA CARTE selection , unless , I first select ( forcibly ) , some BASIC PACK  !


This is totally contrary to your Press Release !


I urge you to inquire into this matter on an urgent basis and instruct TATA SKY to modify their ONLINE offering to truly reflect your instructions

With regards,

Hemen  Parekh


( M ) 98,67,55,08,08




No comments:

Post a Comment