Friday, 23 February 2018

RE: GR/MPW


Dear SR,


My apologies for not responding earlier – partly because I do not have true answers to the questions raised by you


But following are my best guesses :

·         I believe Usha ( GR’s wife ) persuaded him that he had the potential to become a “ businessman “ on his own instead of working as an employee of L&T
    
      In 1990 , when I resigned from L&T and went and met Shri Dhirubhai Ambani and told him that I have resigned from L&T , I expected that he would persuade me to stay on

So , imagine my surprise when he said :

“ What you did is good  ! Despite being the son of a Bania , how did you work for others for 30 years ? You should be working for yourself ! “

Then he offered me whatever financial help I might need to start my own business !



·         As far as MHP is concerned , I believe he wanted to be a Vice President ( director , in those days ) , who would have a Manufacturing Operations , report to him ( not a “ Staff Function “ of Planning )

     When he realized that was not immediately possible , he opted to take up the World Bank job



·         I would not know why NMD chose SRS over UVR . May be it had something to do with returning of “ past obligation “ ( - the rumoured “ Palace Coup “ when HHL’s – or was it GH’s ? – contract was not removed by the Central Government ! )



Warm Regards,

hcp


From: sam ramaswamy [mailto:srimasr@yahoo.com]
Sent: 23 February 2018 11:08
To: hcp@RecruitGuru.com
Subject: Re: GR/MPW

HCP : I wonder if you recd this. I am just looking for your professional analysis - which I value.

SR


India <br>Apt 6,Tower I <br>Krishna Towers <br>50,Sardar Patel Rd <br>Chennai 600 113 <div>91-44 -222 000 82,91-44-2279 2275, 91-9444 96 0082</div> <div> </div>


On Thursday, February 8, 2018, 11:03:32 AM GMT+5:30, sam ramaswamy <srimasr@yahoo.com> wrote:


HCP :

I heard of MPW's demise as soon as it happen4ed. But I heard of Gr's demise nly a few day's back. Both were your seniors n PSW in your early days. 

1. Both were so different as superiors - one very open & transperant. Other a very organised but regimental.

2. I never could understand how L&T could let a brilliant man like GR go.

3. Similarly I could never understand why MHP chose to leave L&T.

4. Why did NMD choose SRS instead of UVR & UVR had to leave for a short time.

You were close to all of them - so pl answer my queries as a HR expert.

Thanks,

SR

India <br>Apt 6,Tower I <br>Krishna Towers <br>50,Sardar Patel Rd <br>Chennai 600 113 <div>91-44 -222 000 82,91-44-2279 2275, 91-9444 96 0082</div> <div> </div>

No comments:

Post a Comment