Tuesday, 4 April 2017

RE: BENCH MARKING INDIA INC


Dear Friends :

I believe , at some time or other , all of you must have asked of yourself :

“ How can I return to the Society ( especially , to those persons or organizations which need help ), what I have received from it , over these years ? “

If so , here is your chance !

Remember , the following note that I had sent to you , some 18 months ago ?

In a meeting with AMN yesterday , he has kindly agreed to place at my disposal , 2 software engineers ( from L&T Infotech ) for 2 months , to develop this portal !

A very gracious gesture , indeed !

But I need YOUR help to get started

Can you please make and send to me at your earliest , a list of the “ Documents / Forms / Process Sheets / Manuals / Circulars / Agreements  etc “ , which , you think should get uploaded on this portal , for the benefit of MSME ?

These need not be only those which you came across while in L&T but any other as well ( perhaps from companies where your children are currently working )

I welcome any other suggestion that you might have in this regards




Warm Regards,

Hemen Parekh
+91 98675 50808

From: Hemen Parekh [mailto:hcp@recruitguru.com]

Sent: 09 August 2015 08:22

To: GLADYS VAZ; inder@gmail.com; wjn_danait; cmsrivastava5; A M DESHMUKH 9821014352; Sanjay Karnik; L&T G K Apte; krsanghavi@vsnl.net; Vivek Mehta; VKM Vijay K Mahajan Mo•; Mohan Madiman; Sr VP Global HR MVN Rao; Santosh Tiwari


Subject: BENCH MARKING INDIA INC


Dear Friends ,


I need your help !


Please take a look at the attachment


In my yesterday's email to Shri Amitabh Kant - Secretary , DIPP , I have offered to design such a web site , if requested


But , then I asked myself :


>    For doing something good , why should I wait " to be requested " ?


>    If I think , it is my duty to return to the Society ( in this case , 57 million MSME ) , what it has given me , why wait for someone to " ask me " ?


>    Before I " kick the bucket " , should not I put my accumulated knowledge , to the service of the Society ?



May be such questions haunt you , too  ! - even as , many of us find it difficult to " Pass Time "  !


Can we , all work together , and conceptualize / design / develop , a web site , called :




Then hand it over to ASSOCHAM / FICCI / CII , to maintain / grow


They can approach / influence their MEMBER FIRMS , to contribute their " Knowledge / Knowhow "


If possible , let us discuss , when we meet today


regards,

hcp

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

, BENCH-MARKING   INDIA  INC


Launching of  MakeInIndia web site was a great initiative

It can be made greater if its scope gets expanded to enable millions of SME ( Small Medium Enterprises ) to quickly learn / absorb the best Manufacturing / Management practices of India's most successful companies

Over 20 / 30 / 40 years , these companies have developed / evolved , some of the best practices in different functional areas , such as :


* Project Planning / Execution
* Financing / Fund Raising
* Long Term Strategy
* Cost Accounting
* Capital Budgeting
* Dealership Network
* Supply Management
* Subcontracting / Outsourcing
* Vendor Development
* Statistical Quality Control
* Tendering
* Human Resource Development
* Maintenance Management
* Logistics Planning
* Salary / Wages Structuring......etc etc

In each of these Functional Areas , these Companies have created ,

* Standard Office Procedures
* Approved Shop Practices
* Operation Manuals
* Forms ( Online / Offline )
* Documentation
* Software Tools
* Brochures / Pamphlets
* Agreements / Contracts
* Legal Undertakings / Notices
* Board Resolutions
* PERT Charts
* Process Monitoring Graphs......etc etc

And which are these " Successful " Companies ?

* L&T  /  Reliance / Birla Group / Adani Group / Infosys / Wipro / and hundreds of others

Can they be persuaded to
share these data by uploading on MakeInIndia web site ? - for 25 million SME to download / modify and implement in their own companies ?

I am sure if our PM , Shri Narendrabhai Modi , makes such a request to
ASSOCHAM / FICCI / CII and other similar organizations , these companies would gladly come forward to share with the rest of the Indian Corporate , the KNOWLEDGE / WISDOM  that lies captured in the above mentioned documents / manuals

It is high time , we think "
Out Of Box "

It is time to convert Private Intellectual Property ( PIP ) , into National Intellectual Property ( NIP )

I am not suggesting that any Company should reveal any of its " Trade Secrets / Patents "

But if
MakeInIndia has to become a resounding success , successful companies must undertake to mentor 25 million SME

-------------------------------------------------

*  hemen  parekh  /  17  Nov  2014  




No comments:

Post a Comment