Tuesday, 10 May 2016

FW: Scan Copy- Jam


Shuklendu / Nitin,

Today , in CustomizeResume.com , we have following database of job advts :

*  Live Jobs............... 2,70,320
*  Archive.................1,798,016
-----------------------------------------------
Total.........................2,068,016
----------------------------------------------
Of late , this is growing at approx 1500 / 1700 jobs per day , thru RSS feeds

Apart from this , I suspect that IndiaRecruiter.net database ( sent to Nitin, 2 days back ), contains , may be , another 2 million job advts . Nitin is trying to locate this and ascertain whether , this can be " added up " into CustomizeResume database

If this can be done , then , in CustomizeResume , we will have , more than 4 million job-advts , for the past 8 / 10 years !

That is one BIG database , which can be subjected to BIG DATA analytics technology ( Hadoop ? ) , to unearth many co-relations / predictions

Some 3 years back , I tried to convince Rohini Damahe ( Lecturer in LTIT ), to take this up as her MS project but , unfortunately , her Guide would not approve of the same !

Now , I appreciate that Sentient may not have expertise in Hadoop for the kind of data-mining I have in mind ( see attachment of my emails to Rohini )

But , I am sure , Nitin / Vilas can certainly write a code to display PIE-CHARTs / BAR CHARTs / LINE DIAGRAMs etc , of the kind we were showing in World-Wide-Jobs.com , some years back ( see attachment )

I believe , on the web , many APIs are freely available , which can convert data into charts

In WWJ web site , I vaguely remember that a visitor could get to see these PIE CHARTS , by selecting :

*  Year > Month  ( first , selecting the PERIOD )

next selecting ,

*  City ( drop list ) ....OR... Function ( drop list )

But , 12 years later , I am sure , you can come up with any number of Combinations of the 13 FIELDS of a typical job-advt , to display a vast variety of graphs

Even as we wait for some 3rd party to apply Hadoop to this database of 4 million job advts , I suggest , let us create on CustomizeResume , a page , from where , we can enable ANY casual visitor to select and see such simple ( non predictive ) graphs

I request you to take up this development after Nitin re-launches B2B mobile friendly web site on Friday

Warm Regards,

Hemen Parekh

(M)=91 – 98,67,55,08,08

cc:  Nagle Saheb,

      Your suggestions will be most appreciated

From: Sanjivani Kadam [mailto:dataentry1@recruitguru.com]
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2016 5:42 PM
To: Hemen Parekh
Subject: FW: Scan Copy- Jam

Dear Sir,

Please find attached Copy.


Thanks & Regards,

Sanjivani

From: Sanjivani Kadam [mailto:dataentry1@recruitguru.com]
Sent: 13 April 2016 17:33
To: Prashant Sharma
Subject: FW: Scan Copy- Jam

FYI

Sanjivani

From: Sanjivani Kadam [mailto:dataentry1@recruitguru.com]
Sent: 11 April 2016 12:47
To: Hemen Parekh
Subject: Scan Copy- Jam

Dear Sir,


Please find attached Scan Copy.



Thanks & regards,

Sanjivani

No comments:

Post a Comment