Tuesday, 7 April 2015

A FEW URGENT CHANGES


Nitin / Shuklendu :

For some time now , I have felt that one reason for visitors abandoning filling-up of our REGISTRATION form is that it is a bit cumbersome / confusing !

Since I myself shy away from such forms on many other web sites , I can empathize with our own visitors

For designing such a " daunting " form , I must blame myself !

Like most other " Form Designers " , I too got carried away with a desire to capture as much INFO ( about a subscriber ) , as possible

This got further complicated by our desire to enable even " Self Employed " to be able to use B2B

Now , in page write-up for " Influence Policy Makers " , I am inviting Government Officers / Ministers / MPs / MLAs ..etc , to also come forward / register and use this page

Under which category of " Organization Nature " could they possibly " register " ?

They should be able to identify themselves clearly with some specific item in the drop list of " Org . Nature "

Only then , they would believe that this " Policy Influencing Platform " recognizes them for what they are

To enable such " identification " , I suggest we add the following new categories to the drop list of " Org. Nature ":
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>     Self Employed ( simultaneously , we remove this from the sub-category under " Business / Company " )

>    Public Servants

>    Elected Representatives

>    Freelancers

>    Non-specified / Others

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To further SIMPLIFY , I suggest following :

>    Under " Org. Nature " , in only one case ( viz: Business / Company ) , there will be droplist of " Org Type ",
      consisting of ... Proprietary / Partnership / Private Limited / Public Limited.......

>   We also remove / eliminate " Industry ( Max 3 ) " drop lists for ALL categories ( of " Org Nature " ) , other than
     the  " Business / Company "

     This means , the currently appearing " Industry ( Max 3 ) " , drop lists will get eliminated for :

     #   Government Departments / Agencies / Statutory Bodies
     #   Educational Institutions
     #   NGO
    #    Charitable Trusts
    #    Political Party


I further suggest total elimination of fields for :

>   Number of Employees
>   Year Established

On top of that , let us make " Company Profile " , as VOLUNTARY ( no more Mandatory ) . In any case , this does not apply in case of many such as " Self Employed " and for those NEW " Org Nature " categories that I have proposed above

That brings up the next question :

In case of many Organizations ( eg ; NGO / Trusts / Govt Depts / Freelancers / Public Servants / Elected Representatives ..etc etc ) , that field ,  " I am Interested in / Responsible For " , does NOT make any sense !

It makes sense ONLY for Org Nature = Business / Company  !

So , let us not " force / compel "   these other Organizations to select this

Either we put this NOTE , or re-arrange the fields in such a way that this field will POP - UP , only if a visitor selects his " Org Nature = Business / Company "

Of all the changes suggested above , the only one that needs to be introduced along with page " Influence Policy Makers " is :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>  Adding to " Org Nature " drop list , the following NEW categories :

   >     Self Employed ( simultaneously , we remove this from the sub-category under " Business / Company " )

>       Public Servants

>      Elected Representatives

>      Freelancers

>     Non-specified / Others

---------------------------------------------

Rest of the changes may be taken up , after the uploading of page " Influence Policy Makers "

This will simultaneously require a minor change in the page write-up , which I can tell Satish , when he shows the U/I to me on TeamViewer

If required , I would be happy to come over for a personal discussion , at any time

hcp

No comments:

Post a Comment