Sunday, 24 August 2014

Necessesity is the Mother of Invention


Shuklendu / Nitin ,

I had a look at the " Corporate Email ID Update " tool

Kailas tried to explain to me how it works . May be I am missing out on something , but I got the impression that ,

> It requires to open 3 web-pages simultaneously ( Falconide Log / B2B Admin / Google Search bar )

> User has to manually search Falconide log and copy/paste " Soft Bounce / Hard Bounce " email IDS into the tool, one at a time

> Then enter the same ID into Google Search bar to find possible web site , drill deeper into the web site , ( find : " Contact Us " )

   find the correct email ID and replace the one which is earlier entered

This entire process could well take , 3 - 5 minutes  !  At that rate , it may take years to validate lakhs of email IDs  !


We need a way to completely " Automate " the entire process ( without human intervention )


We may not succeed at the very first trial , and may need to implement , a " Semi - Automatic " version first , before attempting a fully Automatic version

This morning , I conducted the following experiment , which could , show a way :

>  From Falconide Log , I picked up 9 Email IDs , which were marked " Hard Bounce "

>  In Google Search bar , I entered,

     Email:XYZ  ( where XYZ was one of those Bounced Email ID )

>  When I clicked "search " , a box opened , where that email ID was shown , and Google suggested I type a message and click,

    " Send Email " . In my case , in all cases , a message flashed ,
 
    " Unable to send message / Unable to connect to Gmail  " ( apparently , I am making some mistake ! )

BUT ,

>  In 8 out of 9 cases , the VERY  FIRST result , returned that company's official web site  !

>  Not only that , those 2/3 lines describing that web site , ALSO mentioned that ( presumably , correct ? ) Email Id  !


In light of this , is following possible ?


> Using API offered by Kaushik , our  S/W picks up ALL those " Soft Bounce / Hard Bounce " email Ids from Falconide log and deposits

   into a separate database in ADMIN TOOL of B2B ( Can also apply to emails Kailas is sending using MAIL-KING )

> Then pick-up , one by one , and enter into Google Search Bar ( what I tried manually )

> Then enter " Subject =" Marketing Tool " and " Message = " STOP ADVERTISING ( full message , which , currently  I am sending manually , one by one  and click " Send Email "

Will Google give us any indication that the message got delivered ? or that , it failed to deliver ?

Can the S/W TOOL , simultaneously pick -up , that ( presumably , correct ) email ID from the VERY FIRST search-result  ?

Then there is also the possibility that the S/W TOOL can , on its own - and automatically - enter the email ID into the WEB SITE which Tushar is currently using ( of course , manually ) , to enter the email IDs and validate !

I am sure you will be able to come up with a clever - and automatic - solution

Some 50 years back , when I was at KU ( USA ) , I read a book by Norbert Weiner ( Father of Cybernatics ) , titled :

HUMAN  USE  OF  HUMAN  BEINGS

That was when there were no PCs / Software / Internet / Emails / SMS ........etc

But his vision is more valid today than when he wrote that book  !

hcp










   




-----Original Message-----
From: Shuklendu Baji [mailto:shuklendu.baji@sentientsystems.net]
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2014 3:58 PM
To: 'kaushik'
Cc: 'Hemen Parekh'; 'Nitin Ruge'
Subject: RE: Documents

Thanks Kaushik.

The team will study the docs and get back to you in case of any doubtd.

Regards
Shuklendu Baji

-----Original Message-----
From: kaushik [mailto:kaushik.iyer@netcore.co.in]
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2014 2:13 PM
Subject: Documents

Dear Shuklendu,

Attached the documents on the points we discussed :

1) EMM document - This document gives you insight on the procedure/steps to use the EMM Dashboard

2) Falconide webhooks document - This document gives an insight on how the Webhooks feature works in Falconide. Also the use cases.

3) EMM - API document - It gives an insight on how we can use API in EMM.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Kaushik


No comments:

Post a Comment