Friday, 20 January 2012

Our Next Android App


Dear Siddharth


This has ref to our telecom , this morning

As mentioned , we are in the process of developing our next Android-based App , “  RESUME  BLASTER  “

Ever since I launched  our job portal 2 years back , we had this feature / functionality online at   Blast Your Resume

Over this period , our server has delivered ( FREE ), some 2,68,283 resumes to approx 59,000 employers / recruiters

But I always asked myself :

What about those millions of jobseekers located in regions of India with nil / negligible broadband penetration ?

They cannot access my job portal or for that matter , any other job portal

That makes them , “ Non-Consumers “ of job related info

They do not have a “ level playing field “ vis-à-vis their city-based cousins

RESUME  BLASTER  widget will enable them to forward their resumes to these 59,000 employers , directly from their smart phones ! And FREE too !

Here I am particularly thinking of some 3.6 Million fresh graduates coming out of the colleges of India every year ( - nearly 10,000 / day ! ) – 90 % of whom are struggling to find a job – ANY job , anywhere , with any company , in any industry , at any salary , and any designation!

Even those amongst these 36 lakhs who are “ Employable “, - how can they “ announce “ their “ existence “ to 59,000 Corporates ?

I think  RESUME  BLASTER  will give them this opportunity

May be , someday , we will enable jobseekers from any part of the world to be able to blast their resumes to employers in any other part of the world – and FREE

I am acutely conscious that Resume Blaster cannot / will not create more jobs

But it will greatly help the owners of smart phones

Regards

hemen  



No comments:

Post a Comment