Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Job Alert on Mobile SMS service


Dear Shuklendu

After you phoned me last evening, I sent 3 SMS to 9756510001 ( viz: jam alert / jam detail / jam apply ) from my mobile.

Within a few minutes these got reflected in the tabulation on the “ Job Alert on Mobile “ page.

Within a few minutes thereafter, when Hardik phoned, I told him about this and also requested him to try out on his own – which, I think, he did.

Once again this morning, I sent 2 SMS ( jam alert / jam detail ) and these too, got reflected in the table.

What is however puzzling to me is that these events ( which are treated as “ visits “ by the LIVE TRAFFIC FEED ), did not show-up !

Earlier, whenever someone sent any type of JAM SMS, the “ Live Traffic Feed “ column displayed :

A visitor from Seattle / Washington viewed Jam Alert page 2 seconds ago

This is because the server of HP Labs / SiteOnMobile , which receives JAM SMS and delivers “ Reply SMS “, is located in Seattle –USA.

It is very important that the Live Traffic Feed shows these messages.

When any first-time visitor visits our website, one of the first feature that he notices is the Live Traffic Feed.

And when he finds that every few seconds someone or other is “ viewing “ the Jam Alert Page, he is tremendously impressed !

He is convinced that JAM Service is extremely popular amongst the users of our website.

This encourages him to Register himself ( as a jobseeker ), and start using JAM Service himself.

Even the counter “ No of Visits Today “ within the “ Site Statistics “ block ( courtesy : Hi-Stats ), keeps going up with each and every JAM SMS – even though there is no real / physical visit by the sender of the SMS !

Once again, this highly impresses the visitors.

I would request you to phone Ms Revathi of SiteOnMobile- Bangalore ( M – 0-98,44,13,54,39 ) and inquire about this matter.

I am marking a copy of this email to her. I have already earlier informed her about you taking over our site maintenance from Rohan.

With regards



hemen parekh



Jobs  for  All  =  Peace  on  Earth

PS:

Dear Revathi

After nearly 4 weeks of mayhem , we finally got our website working again last evening on our own webserver in our office.

With these change-over problems behind us, I will now re-start promo emails to jobseekers.

I hope you and your team are doing well and on way to some exciting mobile-based innovation.

hemen


No comments:

Post a Comment