Monday, 25 October 2010

FW: A MISSED OPPORTUNITY ? FW 2698 / 3303 / 3356


Dear Team India :


Some 35 years ago , when I was General Manager ( Powai Works / Mumbai ) , at Larsen & Toubro , I had an opportunity to host a lunch for the Commerce Minister of Canada

After lunch , the Minister pulled out 4 / 5 small , neatly labeled glass bottles from his brief case

Each bottle contained samples of crude oil from different oil fields of Canada

Minister went on to explain :

*      Chemical Composition / Specific Gravity /  Quality of each sample ( eg:  Sulphur content / Sweet / Sour  etc )

*      Daily Output of each field ( Barrels / day )

*      Spot Market prices / Long Term Contract rates

*      Delivery Commitments.... etc


Then , he went ahead to distribute to L&T executives present , brochures of the private Canadian Companies , engaged in exploration / production of Crude Oil in Canada

And answered every single question with the knowledge of an ace SALESMAN of those companies !

There was no doubt , he firmly believed that his primary job while travelling abroad , was to " SELL  CANADA "

Providing on MakeInIndia web site , a page called , " DATABASE  OF  INDIAN  COMPANIES " , may not improve India's rank on " Ease of Doing Business " from 134 to 50 , as desired by our Prime Minister , Shri Narendra Modi , but I have no doubt , it will be the FIRST STEP !

It was with this in mind that , over the past 2 days , I have sent out attached email to some 365 Indian Ambassadors / Consul Generals / Trade Commissioners

Awaiting your early response ,

With regards ,


( click to view my profile )

( M ) Mumbai > 98,67,55,08,08








  

    




From: Hemen Parekh [mailto:hcp@recruitguru.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:32 PM
To: 'MakeInIndia Response'
Cc: 'cimoffice@nic.in'; 'nsitharaman@nic.in'; 'amitabh.kant@nic.in'; 'secy-ipp@nic.in'; 'shatrughnasingh@gov.in'; 'dv.prasad@nic.in'; 'atul.chaturvedi@nic.in'; 'tallen.kumar@nic.in'; 'singh.shailen@nic.in'; 'shubhra.s@nic.in'; 'investindia@ficci.com'
Subject: A MISSED OPPORTUNITY ? FW 2698 / 3303 / 3356

Dear  Team-India  :


How will history judge us ?

By the opportunities that we grabbed and ran , or the opportunities that we missed out  on ?

Should  MakeInIndia / DIPP , decide to reject my proposal ( attached ) , I will respect their decision

(  In any case , given that I am 81 + years , I may not be around long enough to regret it  )

But it is true that opportunity does not knock twice  !

Carpe Diem  !


with regards ,


( click to view my profile )

Mumbai


M = 0-98,67,55,08,08










No comments:

Post a Comment