Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 29 June 2016

RE: One too many for Sunday?


Dear Friends ,

As promised , attached find 170+ letters that I sent ( in English and Marathi ) to some 7500 L&T employees ( individual copies ) , between 1979-87

If you feel some of what I tried to communicate , 30+  years ago , is still relevant today and some of your friends / contacts might be interested , feel free to forward

Warm Regards,

Hemen Parekh

(M)=91 – 98,67,55,08,08

------------------------------------------------------------------

cc: Sanjivani ,

     Thanks for a quick job

cc: Gurudatt,

     If I tried to answer your many questions , I might end up " faking " some !

From: Gurudatt Kundapurkar [mailto:kundapurkar@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2016 12:35 PM
To: Hemen Parekh; Haridas Shenoy; Girish Trivedi; AG Patkar; AM Deshmukh; Anil Choudhari; Arvind Rao; Atul Shah; AY Divekar; Girish Handigol; Guha Thakurtha; Guru Amembal; Henry Desousa; HT Mehta; Jairam Menon; Jayant Jeste; John Monteiro; K Narsaiah; KR Iyer; Larry Neeff - L&T; M Subramaniam; N Vasudevan; Pervin Kapadia Bhasin; R Shivaji; RA Panchal; Raj Kumar Seth; RI Mehta; Rishikesh Joshi; S Hariharan; S Vasudev; Sandeep Desai; Sanjay Galwankar; SM Warde; SP Goel; Suresh Gandhi; SV Subramanian; V Aravind
Cc: Sanjivani Kadam
Subject: Re: One too many for Sunday?

Dear Hemenji

What a generosity, indeed! My gratitude to you for this gesture. I am eagerly looking forward dive into the treasure you have created long, long ago, even before any of us thought of it.

My total awe for you arises out of my curiosity : how you keep generating ideas - how you compile & organize them - how you simplify them in presenting - how you utilize and manage your time - how you cope with the inevitable exhaustion [physical/mental] - what you do for self-renewal and staying fit - what is your routine of a typical day - have you been mentoring some individuals to continue this legacy of producing out-of-the-box yet practical suggestions.

Oh, yes, when do you plan to write your autobiography if not already started? Has anyone not approached you yet with a proposal to make a video-film covering the above aspects of an inspiring and fulfilling life?

Would love to meet you some time, for sure.

Warm regards and best wishes = Gurudatt



On Monday, June 27, 2016 11:43 AM, Hemen Parekh <hcp@recruitguru.com> wrote:

Dear Friends,

Some of you requested a copy of my " Letters to L&T Employees "

I am getting these letters ( 170 + ) compiled into one file

In couple of days , I will email to you ( as attachment )

hcp

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cc: Sanjivani :

When ready , pl email to all

From: Haridas Shenoy [mailto:hrshenoy1941@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2016 1:48 PM
To: Girish Trivedi; Hemen Parekh; AG Patkar; AM Deshmukh; Anil Choudhari; Arvind Rao; Atul Shah; AY Divekar; Girish Handigol; Guha Thakurtha; Guru Amembal; Gurudatt Kundapurkar; Henry Desousa; HT Mehta; Jairam Menon; Jayant Jeste; John Monteiro; K Narsaiah; KR Iyer; Larry Neeff - L&T; M Subramaniam; N Vasudevan; Pervin Kapadia Bhasin; R Shivaji; RA Panchal; Raj Kumar Seth; RI Mehta; Rishikesh Joshi; S Hariharan; S Vasudev; Sandeep Desai; Sanjay Galwankar; SM Warde; SP Goel; Suresh Gandhi; SV Subramanian; V Aravind
Subject: One too many for Sunday?

In lighter vein

I just received an email from one of the contributors to the book L&T Stories “As per the trade practice, a contributor is supposed to get a complimentary copy. What should I do to get that?”

I could not delay replying. Here is what each contributor (roughly 40) has to do to get a complimentary copy.

1                   I have been working like crazy on this book, sometimes at 5 am and sometimes sleeping late. I have taken a lot of firing over the months from my wife. Each of you has to take 2.5% of that.
2                   I have devoted nothing less than 2 man months for the project (You may say that it is because of my inefficiency; we never got paid for efficiency; we got paid for number of days punched in.) At Rs 1 lakh a month, that would amount to Rs 2 lakhs. I am sure if I had continued as SAP consultant I would have earned more (may be I would have been dead by now).
3                   Professionals have helped me free. Their cost could be a lakh of rupees, if I were to pay.
4                   Tomorrow I am going to pay the publisher Rs 46,000.

So the total cost is around Rs 4 lakhs. Divided by 40, each person has to bear a cost of Rs 4000.

So anybody who wants a complimentary copy should send me a demand draft for Rs 4000.

I am eligible to get 10 complimentary copies as the person who pays the publisher. So each of us is eligible for one fourth of a copy of the book (you can chose which quarter of the 300 page book you would like to have). Else I will tear each copy and send each one who pays 75 pages, packing and forwarding extra.

If you want to join this bandwagon of enjoyment, please reply to all. If you want to fire me, do it with ‘reply to me only’.  I do not want to get fired by my wife more, though by now I have developed thick skin.

HR Shenoy, 7666128505
Co-Founder, Tejora Technologies Limited, tejora.com


No comments:

Post a Comment