Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 17 May 2015

" Make In India " course


Dear  Prof  Bhattacharya :


Today's Business Standard , writes about " Make In India " course being offered by IIT- Kharagpur ( July 11-17 )


You have been quoted to say ,

"  Though we have taken up the subject in the past , too , the current scheme of changes will be brought into perspective this time "


This article carries a summary of the labour related course as follows ,


"  The regulatory framework dealing with the relationship between employer and employee has a vital role in materialising the agenda of the government

   The course module will explore the impact of labour laws on industrial relations , educate participants on how to restore industrial harmony through industrial democracy and talk about the changing nature of trade unions and preventive measures for industrial disputes  "


I am excited at this initiative of IIT-KG . If this was 1982 , I would have certainly attended this course !


That is when, as General Manager ,  I was busy implementing the " objectives " of the course at L&T's Powai Works in Mumbai

Over a period of 8 years ( 1979 - 1987 ) , I tried to implement  " Workers Participation in Management " among 7500 employees at Powai

A glimpse of how I went about this , can be found in the 170 + letters that I wrote to the employees ( individual copies in English and Marathi ) . You can read these at ,


www.hemenparekh.in  >  Letters to L&T Employees


You may want to pass-on this link to all the Course - participants in advance before 11th July - as Course Material


I also attach a couple of documents that may be of interest to participants of your another upcoming course ,


Land Acquisition , rehabilitation and environmental clearance of projects " ( Sept 15-19 )


If there are any questions , do not hesitate to write or phone ( 0 - 98,67,55,08,08 )


with regards ,

hemen  parekh


Mumbai













No comments:

Post a Comment