Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 15 September 2014

FW: KU Endowment: Publish your poem?


Kailas,

Pl forward the photo link , along with following draft , using my email ID :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr Higginson


Thank you for writing and apology for responding late

My poem is , in any case , dedicated to KU , whose memories , I cherish

Please feel free to re-publish ( it was first published in JayHawker magazine , in 1957 )

The reason for the delay in replying , was the few photos ( download from link .......... ), that I had taken of KU campus , in 1957

It took time to get these digitized from old transparencies

In one of these photos , you will find me standing in front of Campanile gate

Feel free to print any of these photos as well , if you find suitable

with regards ,

hemen  parekh



------------------------------------------------------------------------  


From: Charles Higginson [mailto:chigginson@kuendowment.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2014 9:26 PM
To: hcp@recruitguru.com
Subject: KU Endowment: Publish your poem?

Mr. Parekh, I’m the editor of KU Giving, the donor magazine published by KU Endowment. I’ve received a copy of a poem you wrote in the mid-1950s, when you were studying mechanical engineering at KU.

I would like to propose that we publish it, but I want to ask your permission first.

For your reference, there are links below to the online versions of our two most recent issues. I am thinking of putting the poem on the inside back cover, with a nice photo of the Campanile; make it something people might clip and save.

http://issuu.com/kuendowment/docs/kugiving_sum19_2014_issuu
http://issuu.com/kuendowment/docs/kugiving-18-w2014-issuu

I hope you like this idea – I think our readers would love it.  All best to you.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Charles Higginson
publications coordinator
KU Endowment
• • • • • • • • • • •
785 832-7363
chigginson@kuendowment.org
www.kuendowment.org
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kuendowment

No comments:

Post a Comment