Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 8 September 2014

FW: " COMPOSE MESSAGE " page


Shuklendu

Can we upload today , revised " Compose Message " page ( without the VIDEO ) ? - but with all the other changes.

I would highly appreciate

hcp

From: Hemen Parekh [mailto:hcp@recruitguru.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2014 8:26 AM
To: 'shuklendu.baji@sentientsystems.net'; 'Nitin Ruge'
Cc: Kailas Patil; Sanjivani Kadam
Subject: " COMPOSE MESSAGE " page

Shuklendu


This is further to our telecon yesterday

In the evening , I mentioned to Vishesh re our attempts to embed a video into the text of the message

He pointed out 2 things :

>  Video will make the message " heavy " and email will take a long time to get transmitted ( this is something that I have experienced )

>  But what could be far worse is that , such an email ( containing a video ) is quite likely to be treated as " spam " and dumped into junk email folder - unlikely to be ever opened

If you too agree with these observations then , it is not too late to reverse / modify our decision  !

We have following options :

>  Forget about the video altogether ( just provide for embedding photo / image etc into the text )

>  Make provision for " attaching " a video with an appropriate warning that this may go to junk folder  !

I would appreciate if you could discuss this with Nitin and then convey to me your decision


If you decide to drop the video altogether , when can Satish upload the remaining changes ?


These changes are :


*  Any casual visitor being able to compose a message and be able to download the same ( which will carry a watermark )

*  Search-bar , to type a keyword and click either of the buttons , " Show Images "   / " Show Clip-Art "

*  Display of search-results and ability to copy/paste ( into the Message Text ) , any photo / image

*  Anything else ? You may want to refer to my handwritten notes / earlier emails

hcp

No comments:

Post a Comment